INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Command line parameter for Cover View  (Read 683 times)

Pistensau

• Recent member
Command line parameter for Cover View
« on: June 06, 2020, 05:06:18 am »

Hello,

what's the command line parameter to start MC in Cover View? The parameters for the other views are in the WIKI, but not for this one.
Tried "MC26.exe /Mode Cover" but it is not working.

Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Command line parameter for Cover View
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 10:07:52 pm »

If you set the "Options > Startup > Startup interface > Mode" setting to "Cover View", the "MC26.exe /Mode" should start MC in Cover View.

The wiki does cover that:
Note: An empty <modename> is the same as the user's chosen startup mode if Media Center is not running, or Standard if it is already running."

Tested. Works.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Pistensau

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 05:11:59 am »

Thanks for your reply RoderikGI. Yes, I saw that method in the startup options in MC. Thing is, I start MC in Theater View by default (which I use most of the time) when starting the HTPC. So the startup setting is "Theater View". But during some automation I plan to implement I want to call "Cover View" through a bat script in some occasions.
In case the "Cover View" parameter is not existing I will try it the other way around to start MC per parameter in Theater View out of a shortcut in autostart and call the script as you suggested without parameter but setting the Cover View in MC startup options. I will check if this way is not limiting my plans in some way.
However, if MC has an internal option to choose between every existing view to start automatically with, doesn't that mean that there also must exist a parameter for every view?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 07:09:54 am »

mc26.exe /MCC 22000,4
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Pistensau

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 12:35:56 pm »

Great! Works.
Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up