INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to JRiver/Neep help with ISO's  (Read 767 times)

smshafer4

• Recent member
New to JRiver/Neep help with ISO's
« on: June 05, 2020, 06:20:59 pm »

I have 500-600 movies that I have imported into JRiver and I'm currently ripping my other blu-ray movies into my library.  It's been years since I have ripped movies and I'm having a problem playing ISO with JRiver and I thought I had set it up correctly.  Any help would be apprecaited.  I know the ISO's can play as I downloaded VLC Media player and it played them just fine.

Thanks for your help

Steve

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
Re: New to JRiver/Neep help with ISO's
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 07:00:07 pm »

If you are running Windows 10, try right clicking the ISO file within Windows Explorer then click Open With selecting Windows Explorer.  This will mount the ISO file emulating a drive.  MC will detect the new drive and should prompt you what to do with the video.

smshafer4

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 05:25:39 am »

Thank you for responding.  I have my movies stored on my E drive.  I opened Windows Explorer and and found the drive, movie, etc and right clicked and opened the folder and than clicked on the folder called (whatever ISO movie) my Virtual Clone Drive which than opens AnyDVD and rips the movie instead of playing it.

Sorry, I"m obviously doing something wrong.

Steve

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 05:37:10 am »

Virtual Clone Drive is a utility you have installed that does the same thing I described above.

What you need to do is mount an ISO file using Virtual Clone drive to emulate a DVD drive.  It will turn an ISO file into a new drive letter.  I do not use Virtual Clone Drive, so I cannot tell you how to do this using it.

Once you have the ISO file mapped as a new drive letter using Virtual Clone Drive, do not do anything else.  Close any other programs that automatically opened (such as VLC, AnyDVD, etc.).  Open Media Center then find the drive letter that is the ISO file.  Click it, and then play the movie.

Since you are using AnyDVD, the ISO probably has no protection.  JRiver software should start playing it.

Give this a try.

smshafer4

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 08:09:58 am »

Thanks Jamil,

So if I understand you correctly I could use the built in Windows explorer or virtual clone?  The problem I'm having is when I right click on the file it wants to rip it instead of play it which doesn't make sense to me.

Steve

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 09:41:08 am »

Yes -- that is correct.  Windows 10 does what Virtual Clone Drive does all by itself.  It is not needed at all under Windows 10.  It will still work under Windows 10 and not cause a conflict though.  You have something configured to automatically take action.  I have not had Virtual Clone Drive installed in so long that I could not tell you how to change those settings.  You could uninstall Virtual Clone Drive. 

Also, AnyDVD also has a setting to launch a program on media change.  That is not enabled by default though, so unless you remember turning it on it should not be on.  If someone else setup your computer then it could be doing all sorts of things you do not want.

smshafer4

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 10:20:20 am »

Ok, I uninstalled virtual clone drive.  Under Tools and then options, then data and then Disk Image files (iso, img, org, mbx) I have file association checked and playback method as automatic.

My D Drive is my optical drive.

Under autoplay I have blu-ray as Rip however when I set it to play it starts playing the movie I have in there so that's not correct.

Steve

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 11:14:54 am »

You may want to temporarily set autoplay to Take No Action.  Focus on getting your ISO mounted and playing properly with Media Center first.

When I click Open With Windows Explorer as per above, Windows 10 will do this:

The ISO file has now become my J: drive.

With no additional action on my part, MC26 prompts me with this:

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 12:09:31 pm »

Just a note though ... iso cannot be played across network ... client will need to download whole iso to be able to mount it ... a very slow process

In that respect folder structure rip might be better if you want to preserve whole disc
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 12:33:37 pm »

This all depends on your network bandwidth.  I play my ISOs across my network all the time with no issues.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 01:28:05 pm »

10gps network gives around 1250MB/s ... 25GB Blu-ray iso ... that would be around 20s

While not that terrible ... i still prefer my movie to start as soon as hit play ... of course the upside to downloading whole iso - once it’s done playback does not depend on network
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 01:56:25 pm »

I followed the Wiki article on it and it works perfectly. My ISO files are local, however, so your mileage may vary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up