INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible bug Filename (path) changes during handheld sync  (Read 453 times)

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
Possible bug Filename (path) changes during handheld sync
« on: January 06, 2020, 04:21:54 pm »

During a handheld sync that includes conversion, instead of Filename (path) belonging to the file being converted it seems to either become:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 26\Temp\
or the JRiver Conversion Cache path if conversion cache has been enabled.

Disabling file conversion leads to the correct/expected behaviour (e.g. it uses the path of the original file and expressions work accordingly).

Easy to recreate:
convert a file and set the path (a.g. Audio Path) to [Filename (path)]\
then run a sync with and without file conversion and the path of the converted file will change according to above.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Possible bug Filename (path) changes during handheld sync
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 05:03:05 pm »

Interesting... but not unexpected.

The Sync with conversion is actually a Conversion and then a Sync. The temporary files are getting their [Filename (path)] field updated to their actual location, which is fundamental to the way MC works, before the Sync. So you get what you are seeing.

I guess the simple answer is to not use the [Filename (path)], or [Filename (name)], or [Filename] fields in any Handheld Sync file and path naming expressions. Use an expression that matches that one you use in the rest of MC, such as in the RM&CF function.

Comments from JRiver?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 01:30:01 pm »

Hi Roderick. Yes, that's exactly what's happening. I can't use tags because I want to retain unicode naming convention (mainly because tags differ where there are special characters).

I do have a workaround, but presumably the sync code could be updated to store the original file path as a variable that's called when setting the destination path for the conversion. I struggle to imagine any circumstances where the temp filepath is of any use or would be more logical over the source location for this purpose.

Hunting about, this seems to have affected others in the past:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=116151.0
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81779.0

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 03:19:44 pm »

I wrote a lot in one of those threads!

Only JRiver could do something about this.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 03:34:40 pm »

Ah yes, sorry! Too busy reading the content!
Pages: [1]   Go Up