INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link: SHN Problems  (Read 1227 times)

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
Link: SHN Problems
« on: May 05, 2004, 10:24:17 am »

A group of problems all related to .shn files:

I started by copying a cd full of SHN files onto my harddrive with all my other music.

1A) I told MC to import media from this folder - It showed that it saw all 29 files - but did not import them. (I had .shn checked as one of the types to import)

1B) I right clicked a file in windows explorer and selected Media Center->Import, and the same thing happened.

1C) I right clicked in windows explorer and selected Media Center->Add to Playing Now, and the file I selected played and was imported.  I then selected the whole list of files and added them to playing now, and they were imported and play just fine.

2) When burning a music CD from these .shn files, MC lists the total length of the files I added as 0:00 (Can't tell how long they are?) with the full length of the blank cd listed as available.  The CD does burn correctly, it is just confusing.

3) When playing a .shn file, the elapsed time counter lists the length as "live" - this is not intuitive.  Also, if you try to drag the progress slider, it jumps back to the beginning of the song.  I'm not sure if this format does not allow this type of control, but I'm also not sure that this is the best way to handle it.

Other than these minor gripes, MC has blown me away - Thanks again guys, and keep up the good work!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Link: SHN Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 12:17:12 pm »

There must be some issues with the SHN plugin.

It wasn't written by JRiver, but maybe someone with the source code could take a look at these issues.

You could also convert your SHN files to APE or WMA Lossless for tighter support inside of MC.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
Re:Link: SHN Problems
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 12:27:34 pm »

Thanks for the reply - thats kinda what I expected......  

I planned on converting everything anyways, the only real issue was not being able to automatically import the random shn files scattered around my hard drive.

So, If anyone has the know-how to patch up the plug-in source.... It would be appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up