INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Burn Error - The Following Files do not Exis  (Read 1056 times)

dco43054

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Audio Burn Error - The Following Files do not Exis
« on: April 23, 2003, 07:01:26 pm »

I'm trying to burn an audio CD (not an MP3 CD) that is on my drive E on the burner on drive F.  I can see and play the music from E:, but when I hit the burn button, it responds with a window that says "The following files do not exist" and lists all the tracks on the CD.  If I then get the menu window to burn the CD, and hit Start, it says "No tracks selected".

It is probably something simple, but can someone help me out?  I searched on a  couple different combinations of the terms, but couldn't find this error.

Thanks,

Dave

dco43054

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Audio Burn Error - The Following Files do not
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 06:49:45 pm »

Is there a moderator who might be able to help me out here?  I still have not been able to figure this out.

TIA

Dave

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 07:55:06 pm »

No moderators here...but maybe I can help...

MC is not really meant to do duplicating in the manner you wish (at least not with Audio CD's). Disk copying or imaging like this is best left to Nero, Stomp, ECDC, & CloneCD...to name a few. MC expects the file to be in a lossy (ogg, mp3, mpc) or lossless (ape, flac, wav) format. I can't really say what format an audio CD's tracks are in (they are not wav's), but when you see cda's (ie in a Explorer window) your not really looking at the files, your seeing a "handler" or shortcut for the tracks.

10-27

dco43054

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 05:04:38 pm »

Thanks for the response.   That helps,

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up