INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: Rating Stars Bugs (Not Show Stoppers)  (Read 936 times)

jredders2

BUG: Rating Stars Bugs (Not Show Stoppers)
« on: May 01, 2003, 06:34:30 pm »

For the last few builds including 166 I've noticed that placing my mouse over the first star lights up 2 stars, mouse over 2nd star lights up 3 stars, ...  Basically it's off by one star.

Also, if you mouse over any of the rating stars on the top showing item in playing now, then move the mouse straight up the stars remain highlighted instead of returning to the songs actual rating.  This can really confuse you when you look at a song you know you've rated and it seems like it's unrated...  As soon as you mouse over the rating column things are upated correctly.

-John

fex

Re: BUG: Rating Stars Bugs (Not Show Stoppers)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 07:29:02 pm »

Have none of your two reported problems on my system.

Media Center Registered 9.0.166 -- C:\Programme\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1998 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 235 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive G: YAMAHA   CRW-F1E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:44  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
Re: BUG: Rating Stars Bugs (Not Show Stoppers)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 07:50:01 pm »

I'm running 166 on WinXP, and your first issue does not occur on my system, but the second one does (and I'd be very surprised if that issue didn't happen on all systems, if one was careful to try to reproduce it correctly).

I don't think there is much hope of correcting that (your second) issue.  This is just a guess, based on how I think Windows keeps track of the mouse, focus, and all of that.  But I very well could be wrong.  In any event, it is a worthwhile thing to bring up.

The best thing you can do, probably, is to note the different colors of the ratings icons.  For example, with the default "Z" skin, the stars are dark blue if rated, and yellow if merely highlighted.  A user of these forums, Cmagic, has also created some custom rating icons, which you might find easier to use:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1051564066
Pages: [1]   Go Up