INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reorder tags in displayed list  (Read 599 times)

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
Reorder tags in displayed list
« on: January 18, 2020, 07:05:45 pm »

I know that I can add or remove tags on the displayed list, but they are in alphabetical order.  I would like to change the order in which they display in the list.  How can I accomplish this?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Reorder tags in displayed list
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 02:05:19 am »

Are you talking about the "Tag Action Window" displayed on the left when you click on "Tag" in the action window in the lower left of the program window?

If yes, then your question suggests to me that you are using the "old" style tag window (see attachments below)?
If this is correct, and you are using this by choice, then the only way to achieve what you want is to add the desired columns to your file list, in the order you would like them listed, and then use the little icon in the top left of the tag window to change the tags displayed to "Tags in current view". This will, as the description suggests, cause the tags that are displayed to change to match whichever file list is chosen.

If, on the other hand, my deductions are correct, and you are not using the old style tag window out of necessity, then try switching to the new style tag window.
Do this by closing the tag window, then hold down the "Shift" key and reopen it. This is the new tag window, and it is, apart from a minor annoyance to me, an inordinately better tag window option.
From this point, every time you open the tag window, it will use the "new" style, unless you hold down the shift key again, which will cause it to switch back to the old style.

You will notice that the little options icon now only has one option, "Customise"...

Click that, and you will be presented with the template editor.

Here, you can add tag groups, add/remove tags, move them up and down and so on. Each media type has its own template, meaning you can set up your preferred tag window for video, pictures music etc... and if you want, add your own templates for even more granulated control.

You might spend a little time getting these 'just the way you want them', but once done, that's it, and I predict you may never go back to the old style tag window :)

Of course, if my deductions regarding what you are using/talking about are wrong, then that's a lot of typing for nothing, and you will need to explain in more detail what you're having difficulty with. :)

Regards,
-marko.

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 06:33:48 pm »

Thanks for the detailed information.  I wasn’t even aware of the existence of the “new” style display on the lefthand side and the “current view” in the “old“ style didn’t seem to allow me to reorder the fields I selected for display.  I will give the new style a try.

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 06:36:10 pm »

Just brought up the new version.  It’s perfect.  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up