INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Help Getting Atmos from HTPC with JRiver MC to Emotiva XMC-2  (Read 445 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen

Hi all,

Hoping someone has experience in this realm.

I have set JRiver MC 26 to Bitstream over HDMI to my Emotiva XMC-2, when I play a movie that I have ripped that I know contains Dolby Atmos data the XMC-2 reports the sound as Dolby True HD 7.1.

Now I don't actually have an Atmos set up per say yet only 5.1 (celling speakers are coming) but I would have thought the XMC-2 should at least report that it is receiving Atmos from the HTPC?

Or is it because I have no Heights/tops etc configured in the XMC-2 that it automatically does not report the extra metadata and just shows Dolby True HD?

I have downloaded the W10 Dolby Atmos software from Microsoft. Not sure of this needs to be configured anywhere else?

Sorry if I have missed something here.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help Getting Atmos from HTPC with JRiver MC to Emotiva XMC-2
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 07:52:19 pm »

I have Atmos backups which when bitstreamed to my Marantz show as Atmos on the Marantz.   DTS:X also works.   

I also downloaded the Dolby plugin for Windows but i am not sure it is needed for bitstream.

Do you have a UHD player that you can use to verify at least from disc Atmos to your receiver works?

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Help Getting Atmos from HTPC with JRiver MC to Emotiva XMC-2
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 02:47:23 am »

All good, I enabled height speakers in the Emotiva and it showed the Atmos logo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up