INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Main & sub album tags  (Read 469 times)

zender

• Junior Woodchuck
Main & sub album tags
« on: January 17, 2020, 01:57:57 pm »

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't find an answer in my searches...

Let's say that I have 3 versions of the same album - One regular and One deluxe and one 50th Anniversary -  and I want them both to be under the same cover album, but I also don't want for their album tags to be erased.
I want the 3 versions under the same MAIN album name, but still, keep the "sub" albums names visible inside the same folder. How should I do it?   

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Main & sub album tags
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 07:20:34 pm »

there are a lot of ways to do this.  here is a quick and dirty example:

the view is "Artists & Albums"
right click the view, and edit (see screencap)

note what i've written there - [Secondary Album Info] is one tag i use to store information about an albums source

now at the top tab where it says "Artist - Album", click on thumbnails > thumbnail text and see second screencap

see third screencap for result to view

it is different if you insist they are in the same "folder", but if you play with the groupby/sortby and the text, you can probably get something like what you want

zender

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 01:47:16 pm »

Thanks for your help.

Yes I do want them in the same "main album folder"

I'm attaching an example of a muse's boxset "Origin of Muse" that has a lot of different sub-albums (b sides, live album etc. I can put them all together under one roof as "Origin of Muse" (Main album), but then I need to rename all the albums in the boxset to "Origin of Muse". I don't want to do it. I want to keep the sub-album names under that one roof.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 03:02:40 am »

another option is to list them as a boxset.  i use the "Series" tag for this since it's not otherwise applicable to audio

just make a custom view with Series (i've posted my quick expression for an example)

it has it's own drawbacks of course.  if you play a bit with the expressions and stuff you might get close to what you want

note that if i click on "nevermind" it's just that album and shows me a files view, where as clicking on "nevermind 20th" takes me to an albums view with all the individual component albums

Pages: [1]   Go Up