INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the deal with cover art?  (Read 522 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
What is the deal with cover art?
« on: January 20, 2020, 10:27:52 pm »

I am ripping some cd's to flac...in the album folder I want the .cue file, the single .flac file, the error report and the folder.jpg (cover art).

For some reason when getting disc info from internet it never includes cover art, I have to manually do it in j.river. The folder.jpg won't show up in the album folder until I play the album in j.river.

What the heck, non of this makes any sense, why won't it get cover art initially on data lookup, why won't folder.jpg show up in folder until album is played makes no sense.

Also I don't want auto import upon playing anything in JRiver, I don't want stuff imported until I say so, there are a number of reasons for this.

Why is this so difficult, I have tried every option there is and this is the best the program can do, once again..what the heck?

TC

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: What is the deal with cover art?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 01:00:08 am »

Why is this so difficult, I have tried every option there is and this is the best the program can do, once again..what the heck?

Importing on playing:
If you tried every option, then you must have decided not to turn off the "Automatically import file when playing" feature. Or rather you turned it on, as it is not on by default if I recall correctly.
In case you want to try it again, it's in Options> General>Importing and Tagging

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
Re: What is the deal with cover art?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 02:53:29 am »

The option box in question is not checked, meaning do not import on play, yet it still does it.

This has been frustrating me for years with j.river, not sure if mc23 had the option box or not but mc26 does and it just doesn't work.

Oh well, now that I know this I will just simply not play anything until I am ready to import it.

Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up