INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Import doesn't always download images  (Read 759 times)

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
Movie Import doesn't always download images
« on: January 07, 2020, 03:45:28 am »

Following on from my topic here, it seems the same behaviour is happening in MC26. I wanted to give it a couple of weeks, but none of the movies imported are downloading covers now. However if I manually run the get movie/tv info - it works absolutely fine.

Is it worth me obtaining more logs?
Could it be that the drive letter to the films is a mapped path to a SMB share on a QNAP box? Not that it should, as permissions are fine (as it works in the manual attempt)..

Whilst ultimately it isn't the end of the world to manually remote in to the machine to flip to main view and run the import and then go back to theatre view... if there is a way to get it working properly, it would be appreciated.

Cheers.

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Movie Import doesn't always download images
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 02:36:02 am »

Any ideas?
It's still the same on 26.0.19 and showing the same symptoms on my parents JRiver as well.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 10:34:56 am »

I have seen this on MC25, but intermittently. I imported a couple yesterday and they both grabbed the right data without issue.

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 11:19:45 am »

check name tag carefully once imported … MC will try to import name of the movie from file tags first

tools like MakMKV, MKVToolnix tag their rip according to disk label (unless you specifically edit those in some obscure place) … which can be something like "SHREQ_3D" or "Dr. Seuss' The Grinch" or "Gods of Egypt - Ultra HD Blu-ray™"

On auto import these usually get no match … but get match on manual

I suspect auto import tries to get exact match to tag … while manual is more flexible as it can offer you possible multiple near matches

EDIT: if movie file has no name tag ... MC will try to extrapolate movie name from file name ... in that respect, it would be good idea for auto import to specify which you prefer to be used - tag or extract from file name
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 01:29:24 am »

As an example
"Color Out of Space" is the film
It's showing exactly that in the name tag under General.
Under advanced section.
it has the correct IMDB (tt5073642)
Filename is "Color Out of Space (2019) WEBDL-720p.avi"
Original Title is "Color Out of Space"

The only thing I have noticed under advanced is the tvdb series id (as they link to films as well) is incorrect.
It's showing 548473, and I've no idea how it obtained that as the correct ID is 57322.

But still.. if I select multiple files and do an get movie/tv info, it will still automatically pick the correct film and update the artwork for it.

I just checked another one. Frozen II
All details are correct again apart from the TVDB Series ID, which is showing 330457 (which is a tv series called the advisors alliance) instead of 9436.

Under the Tag data, this is the only thing that I can see is wrong.

Do we know where it is trying to get those details from when importing a film?
I've just selected both, carried out an import so it picks them automatically and it has worked fine.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 02:13:04 am »

Are you looking at name tags after you manually updated cover art ... in that case it will show correct one

Look at name tag for files that has just been imported without cover art ... movie info should be blank for those too as MC failed to identify movie.

End part of file name is probably what confuses MC on initially auto import ... “WEBDL-720p” part  (this is not standard way to name files)... very likely, whoever created that file probably build in same thing into internal file tag

Like I mentioned before ... on auto import MC will try to get exact match on your file name (or embedded tag) ... obviously it won’t be getting exact match due to WEBDL part ... asi mentioned before on manual look up, MCis for flexible an will try to find movies with similar name (and in your case WEBDL part will not affect search by much)

PS MC gets its metadata mostly from tmdb
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 03:26:20 am »

Are you looking at name tags after you manually updated cover art ... in that case it will show correct one

Look at name tag for files that has just been imported without cover art ... movie info should be blank for those too as MC failed to identify movie.

Nope, this is after they've been auto-imported, but before I've done anything manually

End part of file name is probably what confuses MC on initially auto import ... “WEBDL-720p” part  (this is not standard way to name files)... very likely, whoever created that file probably build in same thing into internal file tag

This is post processing that I've selected after download. Files come in with their standard scene name and are renamed by radarr to be clearer, so I can also see what is the latest quality of a release that I have.

For example.
Release name "Frozen.2.2019.720p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-EVO"
Rename by radarr "Frozen II (2019) WEBDL-720p.mkv"

Like I mentioned before ... on auto import MC will try to get exact match on your file name (or embedded tag) ... obviously it won’t be getting exact match due to WEBDL part ... asi mentioned before on manual look up, MCis for flexible an will try to find movies with similar name (and in your case WEBDL part will not affect search by much)

PS MC gets its metadata mostly from tmdb

I would have hoped that JRiver when trying to match would disregard anything after "(year)" section of filename. But even if it can't match by actual filename, the name tag of the film imported in to JRiver is correct, so it should still match from that?

Thank you for your help so far.

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 10:22:40 am »

Any other thoughts/suggestions to try and help me get to the bottom of this?
Cheers :-)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 03:05:03 pm »

Stop looking at TheTVDB.com. If MC identifies a file as a movie, which it assumes if the files is longer than an hour, it looks it up on TheMovieDB.org.

TheMovieDB.org lists three movies with the name including "Color Out of Space", two with a prefix of "The". The most likely issue with the automatic Cover Art lookup is that MC receives a response of three movies, can't pick which one is correct, and so doesn't download Cover Art from any, as it may get it wrong. I believe I have mentioned this before, with examples you have provided.

If you are doing this testing, you will only get relevant results when you are importing a file for the first time ever. If you try the same file again a second time, MC already knows about it, and that changes its behaviour. If you wish to test with the same file over and over, you need to delete it from the MC Library, and then delete it from the MC "Removed Database".

Anyway, all of this was covered in your last thread. Maybe your files are being flagged as TV Shows instead of Movies. Maybe internal tags are responsible for that. Maybe because you are importing recent movies mostly, the online databases aren't up to date. The last thread left us both stumped. Your use of Radarr does add another variable into the mix that others don't have. Maybe it is flagging the files as TV Shows.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up