INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id menu  (Read 2178 times)

Tunedac

• Recent member
Id menu
« on: February 29, 2020, 07:30:49 am »

I can see id menu on monitor but the left side is cut off so I can't see the keys to enter (like the save key) what is save key letter on keyboard? would like to see the whole menu if there is a way to do that? I was able to get to a point to enter wep2 passcode but can't save.  Is there an explanation of the menus somewhere pics would help.
jim

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id menu
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 08:10:26 am »

Which Id?

Reboot is 98.  Shutdown is 99.

Rebooting might fix the screen problem.

Tunedac

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 11:43:16 am »

The 6CAYH that I received yesterday and I believe has most current software.  Have rebooted many times now.  I can see ?-save and Q-quit.  If the save is S then it doest seem to work.  Some instructions for making a WIFY connection would help.  I do make the wired connection fine.  I can see my wireless net work and get to the point to enter the WPA2 Key and put the key in but not sure how to save and exit.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 02:11:53 pm »

Do you have a monitor and keyboard connected?

Tunedac

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 04:04:20 pm »

I do have a monitor and keyboard connected.  I changed monitors and can now see the menu.  Still cant connect wifi, there now is a wpa2 key in but not correct.  when i put in the correct key, it will not save and i cant get the incorrect key out as it persists no matter what i do.  How to reset? what settings should i use in the wireless menu? which wpa2 should i use, there are several

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 04:10:59 pm »

Your settings may be different, but mine are

Wireless bitrate    Auto

[  ] Allow lower bitrates
[  ] Use these settings for all networks
  • Use Encryption

WPA 1/2 (Passphrase)

At the bottom of that window, there are two buttons:

[Cancel]  [OK]

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 04:13:53 pm »

Tunedac

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 04:39:40 pm »

idea on how I can remove the incorrect WPA2 key, I think I am going to need to get this out before success.  When i put in the correct key or delete the key, the incorrect key always comes back.  Can I reset the nuc to default settings to when I recieved it or something

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 05:14:18 pm »

Can't you select it and then type?  Try the checkboxes around it.

You can probably find wicd docs on the Internet.

Tunedac

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 05:17:31 pm »

would 77, revert to default settings , remove the wpa 2 key or would it remove things I would not know how to replace? I have not done anything with the 6cayh since received other than trying to enter the wpa2 key

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 05:55:39 pm »

Probably not.  Wicd is a separate program.

Tunedac

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 06:52:41 pm »

I can get to the WPA2 key and type a new one.  The first one put it has several "S" in it from my trying to save it.  So I get to the WPA2 box and backspace to remove the entry and put the the correct entry. Is the correct way to save "Cltl S".  I do this and when I look back in the WPA2 box, the old key is in there with the extra "S" aw letters. Surely there is a way to get the incorrect key out of there?

BradATIMA

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 08:47:37 am »

If you boot the Id into GUI mode (Option 1), the network manager is a bit easier to work with. This will require a mouse though. You can run option 13 from the main menu in GUI mode. Find the network connection you're trying to configure and click Properties. You can change the key there and click OK. Wicd should only save one entry per network connection, so once you save the new configuration, it will overwrite the old one.

To answer your question, you just need to hit 's' to save. However, the key field can't be selected when you do this.

Tunedac

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2020, 07:28:12 pm »

I was able to make wifi connection in gui mode, no problem in gui.  Thanks

Tunedac

• Recent member
Re: Id hdmi
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2020, 08:12:06 am »

Have NUC6, hdmi out to AV, can see menu via hdmi on monitor but can't seem to get any sound.  Only sound I can achieve is on laptop where MC 26 runs and android tablet.  Its probably a setting that I am missing. Any help with setting to get audio out hdmi greatly appreciated.  Also, NUC 6 was shipped to me on 2-27-20 and I see post regarding update to MC 26.  Not sure if the one sent to me has the upgrade already or should I run update.

BradATIMA

Re: Id hdmi
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 08:38:05 am »

Have NUC6, hdmi out to AV, can see menu via hdmi on monitor but can't seem to get any sound.  Only sound I can achieve is on laptop where MC 26 runs and android tablet.  Its probably a setting that I am missing. Any help with setting to get audio out hdmi greatly appreciated.  Also, NUC 6 was shipped to me on 2-27-20 and I see post regarding update to MC 26.  Not sure if the one sent to me has the upgrade already or should I run update.

You probably need to change the audio output device. Go to Tools->Options->Audio. In the drop down list under Audio Device, you probably want to select one of the options starting with 'hw:' and make sure it corresponds to the HDMI output. There will be multiple 'hw:' options that correspond to HDMI output, so you may need to try a few to find the right one. I don't remember which one it is at the moment. If you know the sample rates the AV receiver supports, you can use option 10 from the Id main menu and see which HDMI instance shows those sample rates. Otherwise, you can just try multiple options until you find the one that works.

Your IdNUC was rebuilt, so even though it's a NUC6, it's running the 64-bit version, so it is able to get the Media Center 26 update. That being said, at this point, all NUC models should be able to get the Media Center 26 update.

Tunedac

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 01:53:34 pm »

thanks brad, the output change worked. now have multi channel coming through.  I also did item 12 check for updates and it looked like something updated and hopefully was the MC 26 update.

Tunedac

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 05:03:42 pm »

playing to id hdmi out to av from mc26 win10 controlled jremote2 on android tablet. can see GUI menu on display and plays 5.1 music for about 5 minutes or so then stops playing and menu is no longer seen.  After rebooting from button on id, can resume play and see menu but all stops after about 5 minutes?   suggestions greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up