INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nomad Jukebox File Details Truncated  (Read 1695 times)

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Nomad Jukebox File Details Truncated
« on: April 10, 2003, 09:56:56 pm »

I downloaded the Creative Nomad Jukebox plugin and hooked up my Jukebox 10GB to it.  It initialized properly and brought up a list of files (as well as the sub-views for artist, genre, etc.).  However, all of the filelds were truncated to 5 characters (except artist which showed 6).  I tried starting/stopping, reinstallaing, rebooting...every time it loaded the list truncated.

The info is fine in Playcenter as well as on the Jukebox itself.  

-J

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Nomad Jukebox File Details Truncated
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 06:58:06 am »

What version of the Plug-in do you have installed (9.0.07?)

Is the data in the field truncated or the names of the fields in the left tree?

Have you installed the standalone drivers from Creative's site? If not, please do.

Steve

PS I just retested this and could not duplicate it. Again, please double check your Plugin version and drivers.

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 10:40:12 am »

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using v9.0.07 of the plugin and have all of the standalone drivers from Creative on the same machine.  It works fine with Creative Playcenter.

The data in the tree is correct...it shows the albums, artists, genres, etc. correctly.  It's the details on the right where it lists individual track info where its getting truncated.  It shows only 5-6 characters for the data in each field (i.e. track name, artist, album, etc.) and it's not that the column widths are too narrow.  Here's a picture to hopefully give you a better sense of what I'm taking about.

-J

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 11:35:27 am »

jimpmc,

Do you have MC 9.0.147? Using 9.0.147 and Plugin 9.0.08 (posted today) on XP  I cannot duplicate this.

Steve

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 01:55:23 pm »

Just tried it with MC9.0.148, plugin 9.0.08 and a refresh reboot.  Exact same behavior visually.  Even stranger, I tried to highlight a track and right-clicked "Download to PC" -- no matter what song I selected it always downloaded the same one (using the truncated filename) and saved it with a .mp33c extension.  

I'm running Win2kProf.

-J

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 09:44:41 am »

I can't explain or duplicate this. If you want to work on it, please email me at steve @ jriver.com and I will send you a Plug-in you can use to help diagnose this.

Steve

axissport

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 10:50:10 pm »

I've been using the trial of MC 9 and am having same problems as the user below.
I have latest drivers for nomad jukebox and files show up fine in playcenter.
I'm using 9.009 plug-in for MC 9
Any solutions?

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using v9.0.07 of the plugin and have all of the standalone drivers from Creative on the same machine.  It works fine with Creative Playcenter.

The data in the tree is correct...it shows the albums, artists, genres, etc. correctly.  It's the details on the right where it lists individual track info where its getting truncated.  It shows only 5-6 characters for the data in each field (i.e. track name, artist, album, etc.) and it's not that the column widths are too narrow.  Here's a picture to hopefully give you a better sense of what I'm taking about.

-J

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 05:44:05 am »

axissport,

Get Plug-in 9.0.10. This resolved Jim's problem and I think it will take care of yours as well.

Steve

axissport

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2003, 10:17:23 pm »

Yes the updated plug-in worked.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up