INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Player Warning after upgrade to MP ver. 9.0  (Read 1142 times)

nowhereman

• nothing more to say...
Media Player Warning after upgrade to MP ver. 9.0
« on: January 18, 2003, 07:16:55 pm »

I was able to see streaming video on Media Jukebox before upgrading to Media Player 9.0 but now get message "Cannot determine the version of Microsoft Media Player.  Microsoft Media Player 6.0 or above must be installed prior   play the file you selected."  Then it asks if i want to install a new player...  LOL    ( Like I didn't just do that ).   Media player works fine stand alone on the exact same radio stations with video.  Is there a fix coming???
Thanks

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Player Warning after upgrade to MP ver.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 03:08:57 am »

If you do a search of the boards here, you should come across several threads explaining the issue behind this problem.

Rob

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 03:40:07 am »

I was able to see streaming video on Media Jukebox before upgrading to Media Player 9.0 but now get message "Cannot determine the version of Microsoft Media Player.  Microsoft Media Player 6.0 or above must be installed prior   play the file you selected."  Then it asks if i want to install a new player...  LOL    ( Like I didn't just do that ).   Media player works fine stand alone on the exact same radio stations with video.  Is there a fix coming???
Thanks

Microsoft Just released the SDK with License Info To All The Companies That Wish To Support It. There Should Be Something In MC9 Soon To Support It.

Maybe MJ8 Also, Not Sure About MJ8

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dave2003

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 05:48:10 pm »

I'm getting the exact same message to re-download
Windows media player version 6.0 or later. I already had Windows Media player 9.0 installed but thought I might have to reinstall it so I did that...After that same message again ?  Is someone working on this problem ?
not only that but when I visit other websites that use Media Player it brings up Media Jukebox asking to install Media Player. I hope there is a fix on this problem soon. :)

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 05:27:09 am »

WMP v7.1 on W2k and WMPXP ( v8 ) are the last stable versions that work well with MJ. Uninstall 9 (if possible, I heard that latest release is uninstallable...but the v9 beta will), install older WMP (if necessary), then reinstall MJ over top of existing.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up