INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow macro playback with MC26 minimized  (Read 401 times)

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Slow macro playback with MC26 minimized
« on: March 08, 2020, 03:42:16 am »

I’ve been using Media Center since about version 8, and also a keyboard macro program, Macro Toolworks, for equally as long, and also G-Force for Visualizations. For the first time ever, I’m encountering very slow macro playback when a keyboard macro is triggered that Macro Toolworks is playing back in Notepad or any other program I've tried. This only occurs when Media Center 26 is playing music MINIMIZED and is slowest with G-Force playing in the Display window (again minimized). If I de-minimize/restore Media Center, even if it’s behind another full-screen program, the lag seems to go away. The macro program is necessary for my computing work, so for the time being I must keep the Media Center window open (not minimized) while working in other programs. I tried reinstalling G-Force "over" MC26 but that did not help. Restarting MC also makes no difference.

In the attached log file I simply played back a keyboard macro in Notepad three-times while Media Center was displayed, and then three times again while it was minimized. The playback is instantaneous the first three times and glacial the second three times. In my amateur programming mind it seems like something to do with MC taking more background processing than before and interrupting the macro program's ability to stream an entire macro (even one of 20 text characters) as here.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Slow macro playback with MC26 minimized
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 04:53:04 am »

I have tried MC26.30 minimized and maximized viewing processes in resource monitor and can't see any change between MC minimized or maximized, except that when maximized the thread count goes from 24 to 25, which I would expect. I can't see any any reason for an inability to carry out the macro you speak of. The CPU usage is 1-2% maximized and 1-2% minimized.
Windows 10 1909 with all latest updates.

I realise that this doesn't seem that helpful but it might point to something else on your system that is causing the interference.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up