INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.162 available here  (Read 9761 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.162 available here
« on: April 28, 2003, 02:19:28 pm »

Media Center 9.0.162 is available.    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90162.exe

History    

1. Changed: MC now uses the same smart sorting used in the tree in lists. (i.e. sorts "Bitrate: 90 kbps" before "Bitrate: 100 kbps")
2. Changed: MC's smart sorting about 25% faster.
3. NEW: Added "Revert to Default Sorting" and "Remove Sorting" commands to the "Columns / View" menu.
4. Fixed: Send To bar's dynamic text could cause slowdowns / high CPU usage in some instances.
5. Fixed: Cursor would never change to an I-beam when editing in the properties window.
6. Fixed: Properties window wouldn't show sizing cursor when in windowed mode.
7. Fixed: List control highlighting wasn't showing focus properly in all cases.
8. Fixed: CD burning would appear to be frozen if you clicked on another tree item and then the CD being burned.
9. Fixed: Tabs in Album View plug-in were not painted correctly.
10. Fixed: Icon View list control in Album View plug-in was not painted correctly.
11. Fixed: Background of Tab controls in Album View was not painted correctly.
12. Changed: When trying to load a library that already failed to load, MC will give you the option of clearing it and starting fresh.
13. Changed: Removed unused disk lookup key field from the database.
14. Fixed: Small memory leak when erasing a database field.
15. Changed: MCC_SET_ZONE accepts -2 to toggle zones in reverse direction.
16. Changed: Included updated version of Remote Server. (thanks Ben!)
17. Fixed: Loading of internal images did not work correctly through automation.
18. Fixed: Media Server TiVo resizing of images (no extra space on the sides).
19. Fixed: Media Center was incorrectly determining path to My Music and My Pictures folders on some OSs.
20. Fixed: Media Center was unable to play DRM protected WMV files.
21. Fixed: File properties page better handles TAB / auto-complete. (auto-complete isn't forced on TAB)
22. Fixed: File properties page auto-complete didn't properly handle cut and possibly other ways of removing text.
23. Fixed: Statusbar didn't properly summarize no selection with album grouping on.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Media Center 9.0.162 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 02:54:06 pm »

She's beautiful...except I'm still getting this (copied from 161)....

A while back I mentioned a bug regarding MC's inability to rename large mp3's. After doing some tests it may be simply that it can't save both filename changes and tag changes at the same time (tested on mp3's only). Either one done individually works (that is, change is made then applied).

Tested with a 5 MB mp3, same results..."Failed to update following files..."

Tested with an ogg. Same results.

Problem is format independent

I'll try editing a file that's NOT on my RAID level 1 mirrored volume...see if it could be that (since no one else has mentioned it)

Once again...nice work! :)

10-27

edit: No dice, doesn't like to do both no matter where file is.

Would someone test this?...otherwise I'll feel like I'm losing my mind!

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 03:04:57 pm »

162 is looking sweet and it appears now that nearly all the sorting problems have been ironed out with the new commands but just a few things which are a pain...not even bugs really just M$ glitches but...
When you right click on the columns and select visible columns the menu only allows you to select one item before it auto closes.  Is there any chance this could be a dialog rather than a menu this way you could select/deselect all your columns n one fell swoop rather than with numerous right click left click combos...

Just a thought...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

jj.oneil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 03:16:12 pm »

Why not make the select visable colums like M$ Explorer, keep the single click option but add a MORE to pop up a dialogue box for multiple selects?

Just a thought.... JJ.
listening to KEXP.org or 'john peel' on my stereo recorded some time last week

phelt

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 04:37:28 pm »

I can duplicate xen-uno's error every time, using 9.0.162. Apparently we missed each other's posts about this bug - here is mine:
Cannot change filename and tag at the same time

This occurs regardless of file sizes or type of storage device (USB2, regular ATA100, and SATA RAID 0 hard drives tested). Only MP3 files were tested.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 04:43:12 pm »

Interesting thing just happened

MC9 keeps crashing when i keep trying to go to Media Library.

so I Created a new library in another folder and change to that library and it let me into media library.

so it seems MC some how craped out my library file (that i should still have under \data)

not a good thing.

================================

Then I Imported media files

Now It Will Not Let Me Into "Media Library" Again.

====================================

I tried to rename the J River to "J River 2"

then reinstalled fresh

No Luck

Problem Must Be (I think In Registry)

Uninstalling MC9 Complete uninstall with Registry

===================================

No Luck Dead In The Water.

this morning i reinstalled MC 9.0.160 It Now Works.

Reinstalled MC 9.0.162 MC Does Not Work

I Enabled Error Reporting

Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 05:48:51 pm »

18. Fixed: Media Server TiVo resizing of images (no extra space on the sides).

Unfortunately, the black bars still exist for me and my 1600x1200 pictures (nearly my entire library).  I can e-mail someone one if needed.

Thanks,
-J

FightingSioux

• Recent member
  • It's five o'clock some were, how bout a beer?
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 06:20:28 pm »

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2003, 07:03:12 pm »

Bugs (still):
1. MC has a hard time playing .PLS files stored on your PC.  If you stop (shutdown) MC and click on a .PLS file (with a list of streaming radio stations) from Windows Explorer, MC will play the .PLS file.  If you attempt to play the same .PLS file from within MC (via MC's My Computer for example), MC will report "Please select file(s) to play.".  If you have MC running and click on the same .PLS file from Windows Explorer you get the same error message.  Again, stop (shutdown) MC and click on the .PLS file from Windows Explorer and MC will start & play the .PLS file (no problem).

Sample .PLS file:
[playlist]
numberofentries=3
File1=http//152.163.134.164:80/stream/1039
Title1=ChroniX Aggression
Length1=-1
File2=http://64.236.34.141:80/stream/1012
Title2=Radiostorm.com
Length2=-1
File3=http://62.179.101.66:7128
Title3=METAL EXPRESS RADIO
Length3=-1
Version=2

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2003, 07:54:12 pm »

I loaded .162 over .161 on a Toshiba Tecra 8100 Laptop w/ CD/DVD-ROM drive and now everytime I put an Audio CD in the drive, Media Center displays a dialog box that says "Failed to find any CD-R/W devices on your system".  I click "OK" and it appears again.  After clicking on the "OK" button of the second dialog box, the dialog box does not re-appear and Media Center works as it should.  Just thought you'd want to know.  I haven't tried it on my home PC which DOES have a CD-R/W.  Anyone else receive this dialog box?

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
New iPod and AAC Encoding
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2003, 08:03:14 pm »

I just ordered a new 30 Gig iPod (WinPod) to replace my "pre-Ipod fever" 5 Gig iPod.  I am aware that the WinPod firmware that will support AAC will not be released until May or June of this year, so I'm not concerned with this just yet, but I was wondering about your (the MC developer's, namely Steve's) intentions of developing/utilizing an AAC encoder and adding the ability to transfer AAC-encoded files to the iPod.  I found an AAC encoder on the 'net that I was able to use (command line) to encode a .wav file into an .aac file, and it appears to work much like the LAME external encoder (when used in command line mode), but when I setup the AAC encoder in Media Center as an external encoder, and passed the parameters (-extreme) to the encoder, just as I did in command line mode, Media Center very (too) quickly appeared to encode the file using the encoder, but it actually didn't encode anything.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2003, 08:50:55 pm »

1 Major, 1 Minor:

Major: Build 162 still reports no CD-RW in my system when logged in as the "Power User" in Windows 2000. Clearly, I'm the only one having this problem--so if some kind soul wants to take this troubleshooting to PM or email, I'm open to any & all help!

Minor: Sort commands still need "sorting".
  1. Select "Media Library" in Tree
  2. Right click on columns and choose "Remove Sort Order"
  3. Click columns to create a sort order.
  4. Right click on columns and choose "Make all Views like Current"
  5. Click "OK"--I know what I'm doing dialog
  6. Nothing seems to have happend to other views.
  Question: What's the difference between Save Current View & Make All Views Like Current and the relationship between "parent" views and "child" views and what qualifies as a "child" or "parent"?

Best,
Brad

nila

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2003, 10:10:30 pm »

Am away from my computer as I am on holliday in america for three weeks but here are two points that could do with being sorted before final release:

1. ALL functions need to be able to be performed with a keyboard without having to use a mouse. - After I burnt a cd I pressed the spacebar on the 'cd complete' box to 'ok' it type thing and close it but nothing happened. Had to use the mouse - bad form boys! Pressing the spacebar for this is normal etique.

2. Keyboard press events inside of plugin's should be passed to the plugin being used. Clicking on delete in any field inside a plugin results in MC trying to delete the plugin. Not good form either. Its just not cricket!

Other than that, it sounds like its nearly done.
I've already recommended it to two friends out here who are planning to start using it.
Keep it up.

One person did ask if it could do what zoom player does though in fullscreen where it lets you browse files while watching a video etc with the files semi-transparent over the top of the video so you can be watching it and going through your stuff - would be very cool!

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Interesting thing just happened
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2003, 10:13:46 pm »

I have had the same problem a couple of builds ago. I had to use a registry cleaner to erase all entries of MC (not everything seems to be uninstalled) to get it working again after a re-install.

From that point on evrything worked ok, but had to re-import evrything.

Shadowb

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2003, 11:18:34 pm »

Ok.  I cannot connect to a media server through media center.  Manual says Tools>Media Server>Connect.  In Media center it has Tools>More Tools>Media Server.  No connect to option.  I can connect to my media server from my HMO'd Tivo just fine.  I even tried Media Jukebox and it says the files are too new.

?

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2003, 11:24:54 pm »

9. Fixed: Tabs in Album View plug-in were not painted correctly.
10. Fixed: Icon View list control in Album View plug-in was not painted correctly.
11. Fixed: Background of Tab controls in Album View was not painted correctly.

Thank you :)

Ronster

• Recent member
  • You silly wabbit!
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2003, 12:52:21 am »

Small Bug reminder.

In the Customize Menu Bar:
The text options:  "Selective text on right"  isn't working.

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2003, 01:50:39 am »

There seems to be a bug in the way multiple files are selected in the list control (at least using the PixOS skin, I don't know if that affects things).

Select a single song in the list, let's say number 80 in the list.  Now re-sort the list in a different way so that the song changes position.  The same song is still highlighted, just like it should be, even though it might now be at (say) position 40 in the list.  Shift-click another song, number 50.  I would expect songs 40-50 to be highlighted, but instead songs 50-80 are highlighted and selected, and the first song is no longer selected.  Apparently part of MC still remembers that the first song used to be number 80 in the list.

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2003, 02:00:40 am »

When you right click on the columns and select visible columns the menu only allows you to select one item before it auto closes.  Is there any chance this could be a dialog rather than a menu (...)

On the Amiga there was a standard way of doing multiple selections in this way, but I can't remember quite what it was.  Maybe you had to keep the right mouse button pressed all the time to keep the menu open, and then you could make multiple selections using the left mouse button?

In any case, perhaps the menu could stay active if we shift-click a checkbox menu item, so that we could make multiple selections that way?

Another improvement would be to add "remove this column" to the right-click menu.  When I've right-clicked the header of the column I want to remove it's quite annoying to have to go to a submenu and then search for the same column again to be able to remove it.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2003, 02:26:23 am »

Hairstyle problems:

I have a simple skin that doesn't have a LIST section. i.e. it doesn't show any thumbnails.  However, pressing Tab still jumps the focus away from the tree.

Turning off Thumbnail Text doesn't seem to do anything.

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2003, 04:03:44 am »

Just a MINOR bug / irritation:

The SKIP filter, when based on a SMARTLIST, does not update after each song is played. I have a smartlist that includes all songs that have played within the last two hours. This is useful to have as a skip-filter because sometimes people add songs to a playlist which have been heard recently. This smartlist needs to be reapplied at the end of each song.

This worked with v8, but I can't remember it ever working with v9.

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2003, 04:22:42 am »

SORTING
--- No problems with columns that are totally populated eg Name, Album etc. It sorts these quickly and accurately both in ascending and descending sequence. For columns that are not totally populated eg comments, notes etc, it not only takes a long time to complete, but there is no accuracy in the result. It should, for an ascending sort for instance, place all the blank fields first, but this does'nt happen. Non-blank fields seem to be anywhere up and down the column. This has been like this for ages.

SORTED IN 9.0.162….oh absolute joy, I'm delirious - this was a real pain in the bum!!! I'm so pleased about this one that I had a word with JimH and he's agreed to let all the JRiver Staff have the rest of the week off - have a good break lads, you're doing a great job !!!!!

CD LABELLER
Various problems concerning image printing. This has been reported separately to
JohnT via email
Also - left to right scrolling is faulty.

CD WRITER
Fails to recognise CDRW's
When writing to a CDR, it gets to the last track ok and then comes up with this -

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module CDWRITER.OCX at 017f:0455fdb0.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=0455fdb0 EFLGS=00010246
EBX=04551970 SS=0187 ESP=0095f538 EBP=0095f5dc
ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=04614428 FS=61ef
EDX=bffc9490 ES=0187 EDI=00000001 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
c7 81 88 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 8b 49 0c e9 8e f6
Stack dump:
0455575c 047e4de0 04614240 04551996 04614240 00000000 045ad87d 047e4de0 00000000 000007ea 04614240 00000000 bff7b9c5 0095f5f8 005fea5e ffffffff

NB It still seems to have burnt the CDR ok.

NoCodeUk wrote - 'When you right click on the columns and select visible columns the menu only allows you to select one item before it auto closes. Is there any chance this could be a dialog rather than a menu this way you could select/deselect all your columns in one fell swoop rather than with numerous right click left click combos... '

I agree - it would be great if it could be done

Media Center Registered 9.0.162 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 600 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 0 MB
Resource Info: System - 27 %, GDI - 58 %, User - 27 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Web Radio Goes Full Screen
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2003, 06:23:27 am »

Choosing a Web Media radio station from under 'My Stations' makes MC go into FULL SCREEN mode, as if it were a VIDEO stream.

Admittedly a minor/aesthetic bug, it's a pain. I have to switch back to the 'My Stations' list every time (i.e. to 'channel-surf')

MC 9.0.162
XP Pro

Thanks!
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2003, 07:47:08 am »

Unfortunately, the black bars still exist for me and my 1600x1200 pictures (nearly my entire library).  I can e-mail someone one if needed.

I really fixed a bug, really I did. I'll generate a big picture and see what happens.

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2003, 07:57:26 am »

I really fixed a bug, really I did. I'll generate a big picture and see what happens.

I tried, but it worked fine. To be precise: it filled the same amount of screen with Media Server as with TiVo publisher.  Can you verify that TiVo Publisher is making the picture larger?

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up