INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 26 installs WMD 25 ?  (Read 758 times)

ths61

• World Citizen
MC 26 installs WMD 25 ?
« on: February 01, 2020, 01:11:52 am »

MC 26 installs "JRiver Media Center 25" driver.  Is this supposed to happen ?

TIA
Main - JRMC31 -> custom ALSA_cdsp -> CamillaDSP(2x8 channel 64-bit FIR convolution) -> 8 channel DAC
Office - JRMC31 -> Asus Xonar Essence STX -> W4S STI-1000 -> Mini-Magnepans
Shop - JRMC31 -> W4S MicroDAC -> Adcom GFA-2535 -> B&W Rock Solid

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 26 installs WMD 25 ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 01:18:16 am »

No it doesn't. The driver just doesn't get named correctly. It's a Windows thing.

Rename it as you want, or just use it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ths61

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 01:36:19 am »

No it doesn't. The driver just doesn't get named correctly. It's a Windows thing.

Rename it is you want, or just use it.

Windows says the driver version is: 25.0.2.0
Main - JRMC31 -> custom ALSA_cdsp -> CamillaDSP(2x8 channel 64-bit FIR convolution) -> 8 channel DAC
Office - JRMC31 -> Asus Xonar Essence STX -> W4S STI-1000 -> Mini-Magnepans
Shop - JRMC31 -> W4S MicroDAC -> Adcom GFA-2535 -> B&W Rock Solid

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 05:13:31 pm »

Which just means that the driver hasn't actually been changed since then, which is probably true.

JRiver used to update the WDM Driver with each update, and give it a new version. But every time they did that, Windows removed the WDM as the Default Audio Device, so people had to go back and set it as the Default Audio Device again after every update. Updates, which you would be aware, are quite frequent. So that was annoying. The installation/update program apparently can't remove the old driver, install the new one, and then set it as the Default Audio Device, because it is a different driver. I believe it is a Windows security issue, to prevent drivers from making themselves default. But I'm no expert on that.

The point is, does the WDM Driver work? Okay, then don't worry about it. Just use it. Rename it to "JRiver Media Center 26" if it bothers you aesthetically.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 06:27:12 pm »

The point is, does the WDM Driver work? Okay, then don't worry about it. Just use it. Rename it to "JRiver Media Center 26" if it bothers you aesthetically.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 02:00:05 pm »

Shouldn't this get "fixed" or renamed correctly in MC26?
Pages: [1]   Go Up