INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 Issues  (Read 316 times)

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
JRemote2 Issues
« on: March 16, 2020, 04:43:24 pm »

I have two issues with JRemote2 to me. Can anyone shed light on these. This functionality is crucial to me or I'll have to find another media center to use for audio streaming. I've been using & buying MC since MC v12.
1. (Critical for my use case) There appears to be some kind of buffering streaming issue introduced with MC26 & Bluetooth audio streaming to my car receiver through my cell phone. There's constant buffering issue/lag when streaming music via Bluetooth through my cell ph to my car receiver. It starts constant buffering (or so it appears) immediately & never works properly for me. I'm pretty certain the problem was introduced w/MC26, as I didn't experience this problem at all prior to upgrading from MC v25, and I've used Gizmo & JRemote v1 extensively since they were first created. I don't have this remote streaming audio problem with other music or video streaming services I'm using (Plex, Spotify, Google Music) . I have JRemote2 & MC configured to play file without transcoding. I have a Plex server on the same htpc & it streams just fine w/the same setup.
2. The search function in JRemote2 needs to be updated so that it functions like Gizmo. Right now if you search for anything at the top level, no results get returned. You have to actually drill down to an audio sub-level like artist or albums, down to names until the search will return results . On Gizmo as soon as you search, it returns results for your entire music catalog regardless of where you do the search.
I can provide logs if needed.

My background is that I've worked in IT for 20 yrs & I test enterprise software for a living.

Here's my set up in case your wondering
- Cellphone: Oneplus 6 running latest Android 10, using JRemote2 & Guzmo

HTPC SET UP
- MC v26
- ASRock Z370 Gaming-Itx MB
- 16 GB RAM
- Core i7 8700K
- Windows 10 v1903

Car Reciever: Pioneer DEH-P7100BT