INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio: "Tempo & Pitch" Enabled Does Not Persist Between Videos  (Read 494 times)

varian93

• Recent member

I can't seem to find a way to get the "Tempo & Pitch" enabled check box to persist between videos (meaning the box to stay checked to "on").

I have "Output Format" & "Adaptive Volume" both enabled & they persist between videos, but I have to manually enable "Tempo & Pitch" between every video I play. I can't seem to find a way to make it persist.

Am I missing something obvious, or is this simply not possible?

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: DSP Studio: "Tempo & Pitch" Enabled Does Not Persist Between Videos
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 04:48:48 pm »

I have just tried this and you are quite correct, the setting for tempo & pitch does not persist between videos, but does between audio tracks. Perhaps a member of the dev team needs to take a look.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 05:42:42 pm »

If you use the "video clock" functionality that is implemented by using the tempo & pitch DSP block.  Can you try disabling video clock and see if you still have the same experience? 

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 06:21:54 pm »

Video clock is not selected in my video settings, if that is what you mean.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 06:28:52 pm »

Ah! I see you must have videoclock selected under video settings for tempo&pitch to be retained as a setting, thank you @mwillems.
So much still to learn!

varian93

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 05:00:01 am »

Indeed, when "VideoClock" (Tools, Options, Video) is enabled DSP Studio's "Tempo & Pitch" kinda persists between videos, but I can not manually change it.

By kinda persists I mean that when a video is playing the "Tempo & Pitch" setting is checked & when I stop a video it unchecks itself & rechecks itself when a new video is played.

Technically I can modify the "Tempo & Pitch" values, but as soon soon as I navigate to any other screen they revert back to 0.00 (it appears to be self-modifying to keep the audio & video in perfect sync).

What I'm attempting to do is watch all my videos at 110% speed. I'm attempting this by changing the DSP Studio Tempo & Pitch "Tempo" setting to +0.10x & enabling it. Currently I have to enter DSP studio and enable "Tempo & Pitch" every time I watch a video.

With VideoClock enabled the "Tempo & Pitch" persists between videos, but at a self modifying value.
With VideoClock disabled I'm able to set the value, but I have to re-enable "Tempo & Pitch" after every video I play.

This is especially tiresome since it seems I have to exit full screen playback to enter the DSP studio & then return to full screen afterward. It would be especially nice if the "gear" icon for "DSP studio" & "Playback Options" were available in the full screen playback control bar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up