INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to group cd's by year, gentre, artist etc  (Read 565 times)

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
How to group cd's by year, gentre, artist etc
« on: March 21, 2020, 11:58:41 am »

Using MC25 on W10.  I imported all my movie files (2500) and I have the program set up where I can view my movies grouped by year, genre etc.
I started a new library to import all my music files (ID3 tagged on all files) about 1600 different CDs.  I can't figure out out to view them as I can with movie files.  In movie library I can view them either in file or thumbnail view and group them according to year, genre but the settings don't work with music files.  I have it set the same as movies but each cd shows all the music files for that cd.  I just want the cd cover!!  Any help would be appreciated! Tks, David

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to group cd's by year, gentre, artist etc
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 05:05:18 am »

Could you post a picture from movies view so it is easier to see what you are after. Is it category view filtering or just grouping the files in view according to some criteria?

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 06:27:49 am »

Lepa, I hope this screenshot helps, I really have trouble with explaining things!  David N.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 08:04:07 am »

Yup, That view shows some set of files (movies) grouped by the year.

So click that audio on left and I guess it will show all your audio files. Now you can experiment there with the grouping. To change grouping, you can place your mouse over the audio tab and it will show you list of actions: one of them is "Group By". Select it and you will see all the fields, you can group your files. e.g. genre, album etc

When you get hang of it you might want to create new views under the audio which are showing your audios  using different pre-deifined groupings so you don't have to always change it by hand

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 12:29:31 pm »

Lepa, It worked, however if a music album has 10 songs, the program is showing 10 album covers for that album, I want the program to ignore the tracks and just show 1 album cover for each total album!  You have put me on the right track however and I do thank you very much.  I will keep playing with this - David

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 01:22:13 pm »

In my example picture you can see "List Style" option. Experiment with that :) I think what you are looking for is "Details" under the List Style (List Style can also be cecled through with middle mouse button on the tab)
Pages: [1]   Go Up