INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Theatre View Movie cover art display switchable?  (Read 388 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Is Theatre View Movie cover art display switchable?
« on: April 03, 2020, 01:58:12 am »

So, I'm in Theatre View, I select a single title from a screen full of Movies, and the first thing that happens is that I get a screen with a large version of the cover art, and the name. I have to press enter/select again, and then I get the file info panel. I then have to select watch to finally view the movie.

This behaviour seems to be specific to Movies, but I can't find anything that looks like it controls it in the Movie file info panel template?

Is it possible to seitch off the cover art page to reduce the number of actions?

Cheers

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is Theatre View Movie cover art display switchable?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 02:33:49 am »

The default View just goes "Thumbnail > Info Panel (with Cover Art to right) > Watch".

Check your Theatre View View definition. You might have altered something to cause what you are seeing.

If you can't work it out, post screenshots of each step or a video of what is happening. It doesn't sound right.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Is Theatre View Movie cover art display switchable?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 12:55:26 am »

Well, I havn't found what was wrong, but I've fixed it. I was checking through the view definitions to see if I could spot anything but noticed that 2 out of the three levels were expressions (to cater for some of my custom fields). I created a new view, with just the fields and then added the expressions, one at a time to see which one might be causing the problem. Eventually, I'd re-created the whole view, line for line, expression for expression. I'd even used copy/paste to make sure I didn't introduce and variations. The new version worked perfectly, exactly as expected.

So I just deleted the old one, and moved the new copy into its place, and voila, problem solved.

PS I hate unsolved mysteries, and now that the extra display is gone, I quite miss it
Pages: [1]   Go Up