INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Auto Rip Mode  (Read 1099 times)

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Problems with Auto Rip Mode
« on: April 19, 2003, 12:16:19 pm »

Here is a list of problems I am seeing with auto rip mode. Have others seen these? I have seen the same problems going to MP3 VBR and APE. There are some other strange things I have seen, but these are the most common.

1) When in auto rip mode and a CD is not in YADB things seem to go crazy in a loop looking for the entry. I have had to kill MC to stop the loop.

2) After some number (around 5) of CD's things seem to get confused and I have to exit MC and restart before I can rip any more CDs.

3) When I inset CDs after the first the way they show up in the scrooling list in the Rip window seems random. Some CDs have songs with boxes and green checkmarks, others do not.

4) I have seen it say that it is looking for cover art for a previous CD instead of the CD that was just ripped.

Media Center Registered 9.0.155 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1536 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 568 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

crash_buka

• Recent member
  • Yesterday's Gone
Re: Problems with Auto Rip Mode
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2003, 04:51:48 pm »

I brought these exact bugs up around .143 or so, no one ever replied, they aren't show stoppers but certainly leave bad taste when some like EAC is available for free...

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 05:04:47 pm »

I also Reported Some Of Them Last Week.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Auto rip mode not really working...
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 10:03:20 pm »

This seems to be getting worse instead of better. Now I have the problem that after a couple of CDs it can not connect to yadb. If I kill MC and restart it has no problem contacting yadb. Is it possible that someone will look at this? Is anyone having success with it?

LisaRCT

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 05:18:34 am »

I had difficulties with Auto-Rip as well . . .
I use three CD-Rom drives sequentially to rip so I don't have to baby-sit the PC as much, so I assumed some of my problems were caused by that, yet they occur regardless.
In auto-rip mode, after the first disc(s) is ripped and ejects, upon inserting the next disc(s) a YADB search begins and the disc(s) is immediately ejected. If I close the CD-Rom again, MC9 Crashes big time, restarting my system (system options set to shut-down on all errors).
Pages: [1]   Go Up