INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with WDM on JRiver26  (Read 601 times)

utrak1

• Recent member
Problems with WDM on JRiver26
« on: February 20, 2020, 12:55:52 pm »

Hi Everybody,

I'm having problems with WDM on Windows 10.  Up until yesterday, I was running JRiver25 and trying to run audio through WDM, which locked up Windows 10 so hard that the only way to recover was a power cycle.  This morning, I went ahead and upgraded to the newest version of JRiver26.  The good news is that JRiver no longer locks up the machine but the bad news is that I still can't get WDM audio to work.

I have a PS Audio PWD II with bridge (network DAC, not using USB).  JRiver can still send audio to the DAC with or without WDM enabled. The only reason I'm enabling WDM is so I can run Room EQ Wizard (REW) on the same Windows i5 mini-tower machine. I've already verified that I can do this with USB, which does not require WDM but I normally use the DACs bridge instead of the USB port.

REW is not the problem.  Without REW running, I can select Windows 10 speaker properties, which shows "Media Center 25" when WDM is enabled, and click the Media Center 25 "speaker properties" test button, which produces no audio.  However, Windows gives a visual indication that audio is being sent.

I did restart JRiver26 after enabling WDM.

Best,

Darrell

wpsancla

• Recent member
Re: Problems with WDM on JRiver26
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 09:07:14 pm »

I installed WDM driver of JRiver 26 for the first time after formatting the hard drive. It works normally, but the speaker properties in control pad shows "JRiver Media Center 25", not 26. seems like a very small error.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with WDM on JRiver26
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 09:41:45 pm »

I don't know anything about your DAC, so perhaps someone will come along who does, and this may not help solve your issue, but I will give you one piece of advice in case it might.

I have a lot of experience with PCs, and when you experience a symptom like it locks up so hard you have to power cycle when you do something specific, 99% of the time it's a driver.  Even if it's a particular application provoking the driver, it's the driver.  And if you're saying it works ok via USB but locks when using the bridge, all the more reason to look at the driver.

If you have access to a different version of the driver that controls your bridge card, either older or newer, or an alternative driver completely, I would try that.  Or there might be some driver settings for the bridge card that you can fiddle with.

Good luck...
Pages: [1]   Go Up