INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV show cover art... Ugh!!  (Read 768 times)

Wungun

• World Citizen
TV show cover art... Ugh!!
« on: April 10, 2020, 06:08:23 pm »

So I have a single season series... In the folder I have the correct cover art. All 10 episode files show THIS proper cover art image, but in my Series view of all my shows, the main cover art for this series is wrong, and it will NOT change!
I've deleted the xml's, deleted the series and re-imported, I've added cover art 'from file' (cover art from Internet doesn't show the proper series, but THIS is what JRiver is displaying. And it won't let me change it...
Anyone....?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV show cover art... Ugh!!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 06:25:49 pm »

I assume that you meant to link an image to the word THIS or something?

What is the Series?
What is showing?
Do you have the [Series]. [Season], and [Episode] fields filled correctly?
Are you looking in Standard or Theatre VIew?
What are your Cover Art settings?

MC Cover Art for TV Shows works fine, but sometimes the metadata including Cover Art isn't available online. You need to provide the above information before anyone can help you.

Oh, also answer the relevant questions from my Signature for your environment.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Wungun

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 06:56:05 pm »

I assume that you meant to link an image to the word THIS or something?

What is the Series?
What is showing?
Do you have the [Series]. [Season], and [Episode] fields filled correctly?
Are you looking in Standard or Theatre VIew?
What are your Cover Art settings?

MC Cover Art for TV Shows works fine, but sometimes the metadata including Cover Art isn't available online. You need to provide the above information before anyone can help you.

Oh, also answer the relevant questions from my Signature for your environment.
The series is 'The Terror'
Its showing a Vice series called 'Terror', as in Terrorists
Season 1, series title and episodes are properly named...
This is in standard view.
The metadata for each individual file shows the proper image. Cover art settings...? Dunno what you mean

Wungun

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 06:58:52 pm »

Running 26.0.30
Win 10
Using HTPC as MC client

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 08:44:40 pm »

MC gets its TV metadata and images from TheTVDB.com. I believe the program you are referring to is this one: https://thetvdb.com/series/the-terror

That Series has a [TheTVDB Series ID] of 322191. Check this field value for your files, and if it is wrong, then fix it. You only need to change it for one file and all files will be updated with the correct value, as long as they al have the same [Series] field value.

Then on the MC Server run the "Get Movie & TV Info" functions against all files. If the Series and Season image don't update, select the Series in the top pane in Standard View, right-click the Series name, select "Cover Art > Get from internet". Pick the images you want to use for the Series and each Season. Updates to Cover Art must be done on the MC Server, and not the MC Client. You can change the [TheTVDB Series ID] field on the Client though, as long as you have Authentication turned on for the synchronisation back to the MC Server.

Done.

Cover art settings...? Dunno what you mean

"Options > File Locations > Cover Art", but actually they don't matter, as this is video files and the Cover Art is always placed next to the video file and named the same except for the extension. Sorry, I didn't think that question through.

I created a couple of dummy files for S1E1 and S2E1 to demonstrate. I normally use a "List Style" of "Details" in Standard View, but changed it to "Thumbnails" to show that MC is working correctly. See images.

You might want to update to MC26.0.52 as well. A lot has changed since MC26.0.30. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124842.0.html
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Wungun

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 11:11:31 pm »

MC gets its TV metadata and images from TheTVDB.com. I believe the program you are referring to is this one: https://thetvdb.com/series/the-terror

That Series has a [TheTVDB Series ID] of 322191. Check this field value for your files, and if it is wrong, then fix it. You only need to change it for one file and all files will be updated with the correct value, as long as they al have the same [Series] field value.

Then on the MC Server run the "Get Movie & TV Info" functions against all files. If the Series and Season image don't update, select the Series in the top pane in Standard View, right-click the Series name, select "Cover Art > Get from internet". Pick the images you want to use for the Series and each Season. Updates to Cover Art must be done on the MC Server, and not the MC Client. You can change the [TheTVDB Series ID] field on the Client though, as long as you have Authentication turned on for the synchronisation back to the MC Server.

Done.

"Options > File Locations > Cover Art", but actually they don't matter, as this is video files and the Cover Art is always placed next to the video file and named the same except for the extension. Sorry, I didn't think that question through.

I created a couple of dummy files for S1E1 and S2E1 to demonstrate. I normally use a "List Style" of "Details" in Standard View, but changed it to "Thumbnails" to show that MC is working correctly. See images.

You might want to update to MC26.0.52 as well. A lot has changed since MC26.0.30. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124842.0.html

I updated the tvdb number for all files...then 'get movie and TV info'...still didnt work. You can see that all the file thumbnails have the correct cover image though

Wungun

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 11:17:15 pm »

Okay...after updating MC and changing tvdb number AND doing an internet lookup of the cover art, the proper image showed up...
All is good now!
Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 12:49:08 am »

My bad.

The "Get Movie & TV Info" and "Get from internet" functions are separate, but both are included (optional) in Auto Import, so I keep forgetting that the "Get Movie & TV Info" doesn't include the Series and Season Cover Art lookup.

The cause of your issue was probably that when MC did a bulk files lookup on TheTVDB, either as part of Auto Import or when multiple files were looked up at once with the "Get Movie & TV Info" function, MC guessed the Series incorrectly, and selecting the "Terror" show in error. That can happen when the filenames aren't clear when new files are imported. Once the incorrect Series is selected it will propagate through all other and any future Episodes, because the [TheTVDB Series ID] field is relational (only one value can be stored for each [Series]), and the content of your EPG.

The fix isn't hard though, nor does it take long, usually.

Thanks for confirming that fixed the issue.

Wungun

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 07:44:36 am »

Ill have to remember the TVdb catalog number trick...thats what turned it all around. Thanks again...
Pages: [1]   Go Up