INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tune blade and JRiver  (Read 744 times)

windowlicker

• Recent member
Tune blade and JRiver
« on: April 18, 2020, 03:06:52 am »

Not sure if this is the best place to put this. I am using Tuneblade with JRiver and when i switch user on my PC it stops. Now this didnt happen when i used Airfoil, so not sure if this is a Tuneblade thing ( I havehave contacted them with no answer) or J River.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tune blade and JRiver
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 09:03:27 pm »

It would be a Tuneblade thing.

Some applications, particularly audio applications, can be installed only for one user, or to work for all users. It is often an option during the installation. Even if all users can play to Tuneblade, that doesn't mean that an application one user was playing audio with would keep playing when you switch user, essentially in the background. That could also be a Windows setting, or change a Windows Update has installed.

Search the forum for Tuneblade. You might find some relevant information, as there have been several detailed threads.

Also, it is not usual to start audio playback using one user, and then switch to another user and expect it to continue playing. That would be kind of confusing if some website the original user opened kept playing videos which could be heard after you switched to another user account. I guess for that to work you would have to be using Direct Sound as well, so that Windows mixed (and transcoded) the audio as required to keep sounds playing from both user accounts.

So the real question is, why are you doing that?

I can think of some reasons, since MC does install a lot of itself in user-specific locations, including the Library, but I am wondering specifically why you do that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

windowlicker

• Recent member
Re: Tune blade and JRiver
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 01:59:19 am »

Basically if someone goes on the computer and they switch accounts from mine to theirs then the sound stops. Sent an email to them ages ago with no response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up