Networks and Remotes > Remotes

Remotes Available (updated)

(1/5) > >>

JimH:
Starting a new thread on this.

From JRiver

Android: JRemote2

iOS:  JRemote

Windows:  JRiver Media Center can control another copy of JRiver.

Browser on any device:  Panel

From Third Parties

MO 4Media (Android/Auto/TV, iOS, Windows 10/UWP)

Here's the old thread of Third Party remotes.

jkwasnik:
Hello --

Super newbie here, so pardon my ignorance.  The goal is to play from a large library of digital music.

I have an older Intel NUC with Ubuntu 16 and trial copy of MC 26 on it.  I want to keep this near my Marantz PM7000N receiver, connected by optical cable.  No screen, keyboard, or mouse; to be controlled by either my wife's iPad or my Android tablet.

It seems there are a whole bunch of remote options.  We listen to a lot of classical music.  I'm dreaming of a features wish-list:

It would be nice to have a spreadsheet kind of layout, with user-defined columns of metadata, including performer, composer, composer's catalog index (like BWV 248), composition title, movement title, etc.  Images of the album covers are wastes of space.  Super-super-duper cool would be link to PDFs of the album's accompanying digital booklets.

Am I completely dreaming?

Thanks in advance,
John Kwasnik

HaWi:
I believe this is all possible with Media Center, although it may take some effort to implement. Check out the wiki: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Main_Page.

HaWi:

--- Quote from: JimH on April 12, 2020, 07:06:26 am ---Starting a new thread on this.

From JRiver

Android: JRemote2

iOS:  JRemote

Windows:  JRiver Media Center can control another copy of JRiver.

Browser on any device:  Panel

From Third Parties

MO 4Media (Android/Auto/TV, iOS, Windows 10/UWP)

Here's the old thread of Third Party remotes.

--- End quote ---

For iOS, effectively, only JRemote and Panel are available right now. MO 4Media was discontinued for iOS a year ago and I couldn't find any of the other third party apps for iOS either.

cncb:

--- Quote from: HaWi on December 15, 2020, 08:05:19 pm ---MO 4Media was discontinued for iOS a year ago and I couldn't find any of the other third party apps for iOS either.

--- End quote ---

MO 4Media is back in the app store.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version