INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting up MC26 with Main Library on a Network Drive  (Read 956 times)

cowilliams

• Recent member
Setting up MC26 with Main Library on a Network Drive
« on: April 12, 2020, 03:24:53 pm »

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere but I can't seem to make sense of what I have found so far.

My issue is my wife and I just merged both of our music databases onto our WD MyCloud EX 2 Ultra (NAS).  It shows up in Windows Explorer as a network drive named \\MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA\Public\JRiver.  I'm trying to start MC26 fresh with connecting our two laptops and handhelds to the network media at the above location. I know how to make the access code and then make the handheld apps work.  Just not sure how to start out with the first computer getting and syncing files from \\MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA\Public\JRiver.

How can I do that and not have multiple replications of the library on the laptops and server? 

Running Windows 10 Pro v1809 and MC 26.0.56 (64 bit)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Setting up MC26 with Main Library on a Network Drive
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 03:33:35 pm »

JRiver doesn't run on a NAS, but you can import your files from it when using JRiver on a computer.

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 09:15:40 pm »

Are you saying you put all the music files on the NAS or just the databases? If it is the files then all you have to do is open MC26 on the computer that will be the server and run import on your new mapped drive. If Windows Explorer sees the mapped drive then MC should see it too. If you are trying to merge databases I can't help.

After the import is done make your access code and use it on the other computer and handhelds.

cowilliams

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 01:24:07 pm »

Thank you both.  All I was trying to do is give two laptops access to the same music location with both having rights to edit.  Sounds like I had it set up right the first time and did not realize only one can read and write.
Pages: [1]   Go Up