INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to play videos as faster than normal speed?  (Read 444 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
How to play videos as faster than normal speed?
« on: April 16, 2020, 10:46:00 am »

I remember seeing there being a way to play videos a 1.25 or 1.5x speed, but can't find how to do it.  It's entirely possible I remember wrong, and there was just discussion about having the ability, but it not being implemented.

A search for playback speed give way too many results to be useful.
pretend this is something funny

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to play videos as faster than normal speed?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 07:29:41 pm »

That took a little thinking and a search using the Google search on the JRiver Support page to search for "playback speed". Relevant discussions.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76434.0
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,105246.0.html

Tempo, Rate, and Pitch in the DSP Studio works for video as well as audio, if Video Clock turned off.

So, turn off Video Clock in "Options > Video > General Video Settings".
Start playback of the movie, then right-click and select "Player > Playback Options > DSP & output formats" or "Player > DSP Studio" or just Ctrl+D, select "Tempo & Pitch" then alter Tempo, or Rate and Pitch.

If Video Clock is turned on when you start video playback, you will have to stop playback and restart it for the Tempo, Rate, and Pitch changes to take affect. Also, "Tempo & Pitch" seems to get turned off when you stop playback, so you don't get the changes on the ext video played.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 08:20:43 pm »

Thank you for taking the time to research this for me!

I see that your suggestion could work, but involves quite a bit of hoop jumping to speed up the video, then I'd have to change it back, and re-enable Video Clock when I'm done.  A bit too cumbersome for the occasional desire to speed up playback.

i did find a way to play the video in slow motion.  I'd like to suggest this system be expanded to allow the same ability to change playback speed, just in the other direction; play faster.  Since there's a system in place already, I'd like to think adding a couple/few faster options wouldn't be too much work.

My use case is re-watching webinars or other educational videos I've downloaded, but which feature someone that just talks too slow.

I discovered that Windows Media Player does it easily enough, so I just used that to replay, but I'd rather not, if I could help it.
pretend this is something funny

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 10:01:46 pm »

I agree.

I watch YouTube videos at 1.5 or 2.0 times speed all the time, because some people talk so slow I can still understand them and the message!

Quick access to 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, and 2.0 speeds would be good.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up