INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I forgot how to set import to import automatically when new files are added  (Read 693 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe

MC used to do this and I must have done something to stop auto import from happening when I add new files to the selected directory.  I thought the command would be in Library and folders - auto-import, but it doesn't seem to be.  I now have to run "import" when I add new files.  I am embarrassed.  where is that setting?
John

wer

Here's an even better trick for you...

Open the Options dialog, and in the bottom left corner you'll see an entry box saying "Type your search here"

Type the word auto into that box, and watch what happens up above!

Teach a man to fish....

jack wallstreet

Thanks,  I liked the search, but still can't find the auto-import new files switch
John

wer

Why did you think I was telling you that?

If you had actually looked around up above when you did the search, you'd have found the option to run auto-import in background.

Try.

jack wallstreet

It's checked and has been.  So I assumed that wasn't the issue right box (or not the only one).  Am I missing something else?
John

wer

If you knew the option was on, why were you asking where it was?  No matter...

You're not really providing any information we can use to help you, beyond "it doesn't work."  Now the question has changed from auto import isn't running to is is running but not importing what I want.

If auto import is turned on, and it's not importing files you add to the watched directories, then something is amiss with the auto import configuration.

Go into configure auto import and check the following:
1. That you're adding your files to a watched folder.  If not, adjust your behavior or add the folder to the watch list. In the edit box, make sure the correct file types are turned on for each folder.

2. In the tasks area, ensure "ignore files previously removed from library" is not checked.

Once that's done you can go to Tools->Import->Run auto import now to check your work.

You should read this page on the wiki:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import

jack wallstreet

Thanks very much for taking the time to help me out.  Much appreciated.  I will go through this and see where I screwed up.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up