INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display View Problem  (Read 753 times)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Display View Problem
« on: April 21, 2020, 06:34:28 am »

I'm not sure which release this happened in (I think it may be post 26.0.35) But MC26 is no longer remembering that I prefer to have the control panel visible when in Display View.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Display View Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 06:48:15 am »

I'm not sure which release this happened in (I think it may be post 26.0.35) But MC26 is no longer remembering that I prefer to have the control panel visible when in Display View.
Control Panel?  Are you talking about madVR?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 06:34:28 pm »

You were using Display View in Windowed mode, but at some stage you have changed it to Fullscreen mode.

Change it back to Windowed mode by clicking the icon. MC will remember to use the Windowed mode in future.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 01:38:29 am »

Hmmm, it shouldn't be doing that. On my PC MC remembers the last state that Display View was in, even through MC restarts, and shows what I was using previously. Usually, that is Fullscreen for me, but it seems to work fine for Windowed mode. I can't find any settings that would change that behaviour.

Are you using RO HQ? (madVR)
If so, are you using one of the built-in MC Quality settings that set madVR settings?
If using madVR, have you modified its settings manually at all?

Try selecting one of the Quality settings in MC and test again. "Options > Video > General Video Settings > Quality Setting".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 05:12:36 pm »

MC must have been having some trouble writing the window state to settings or something.

Did you Restore a Library Backup? You could get all your Playlists back by doing so, and all your fields. You may even get valid settings back if you restore settings. If the problem returned after Restoring a backup with Settings, just un/reinstall again and Restore without Settings.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 04:31:08 pm »

No problem. I just thought a partial restore might save you some work. But if that is already done, no reason to try the restore.

Enjoy the music...and videos... and images.  :D

wer

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 02:33:44 am »

I'm going to mention this because no one else has:

Please go to Options->Startup->Startup Interface->Mode   and make sure it is set correctly.

For some, it might be "Last Exit View".  But for YOU, it should be "Standard View".

Try that, change the setting a couple of times, quitting and relaunching MC in between to see if it is obeying the setting.

If not, I recommend you show us a desktop video of you launching and using the app, so we can see exactly how it misbehaves and what you do and don't click when you return it to what you think is normal.  If you're on Windows 10 you can record your desktop using the Game Bar app.  Or just film the screen with your phone.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 02:35:45 am »

which had me uttering a few good old Anglo-Saxon words.

;D ;D ;D Sorry. Not a laughing matter. But I can imagine.  ;D

I'd switched it into "Audio Only Mode". Thankfully after switching MC26 out of "Audio Only Mode", which of course forces it to restart, when I switched to Display View it opened in windowed mode and has continued to do so every time I switched between Display View and Standard View.

I am now starting to wonder did my previous (misbehaving) install, and or settings that the user has no access to, get corrupted by MC26 itself and not something external to the program?

I don't use Audio Only Mode, but I thought I would try it to see what happens. Well, on my system, MC remembers to use Windowed mode even when set to Audio Only Mode.

I even set MC to Jump to Display View on play, and it jumped to the Windowed version of Display View. That was 100% repeatable.

I switched back to full Audio/Video/Image mode (turned off Audio Only Mode) and Display View still remembered to use Windowed mode.

Without going through everything in your environment I have no idea what to look at next. Maybe make a log of just starting playback of some audio, and switching to Display View, or having MC do that automatically, then save the log and share it. Maybe the log will have something in it, although it may be hard to work out, if possible at all.

Otherwise, if someone else can replicate the problem, maybe they can work it out.

EDIT: Good suggestion Wer. My system is set to Standard View and Last Location.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 05:19:18 pm »

Well, let's hope that fix lasts this time, particularly after you reboot the PC and give it a day or two. If it doesn't last I would start suspecting either some security software is interfering with some Library file, or if you have a Registry Cleaner application that runs regularly, it is making changes or deleting Registry entries silently.

Fingers crossed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up