INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Development working on....  (Read 1255 times)

gkerber

Is Development working on....
« on: April 24, 2003, 06:17:35 am »

1  Does the lastest build have the sticky/default sort order changes?

2.  Is development aware of, and working on the cd burner problems?  (lock ups', jerky screen updates)

3.  How do we know which cd burners are supported?

I'd like to try v9 again, but can't until all these issues are resolved or that I'm told they WILL be reolved.

Reverting back to v8 from v9, was not as easy as I had first thought.  It seems about 2500 files had their tags corrupted, and I had to spend considerible time getting the tag info back right.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Is Development working on....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 06:37:47 am »

#1 works (though setting the default sort is kind of funky). The "Save as Default" menu option is gone.

1) Go to Tools>Options>Tree & View Settings and check the "Auto save sort changes" (off by default)
2) Go to Media Library and set the desired column sort
3) Go to any other folder (ie Playing Now) to force save
4) Go back to Tools>Options>Tree & View Settings and uncheck the "Auto save sort changes"
5) To test, go to ML and change the column sort, click away from ML then click back. It should have reverted to the default sort

10-27

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 12:19:55 pm »

3.  How do we know which cd burners are supported

We support all CD burners that support MMC interface. Majority of the drives released after 1998 support the interface.

Nikolay

gkerber

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 12:27:44 pm »

Thanks for the answers.

So I know #1 is worked, the sticky/default sort order is available.

I know the answers to #3 which is great, now I can get a new faster cd burner, over my 32x.

What about #2?  Are there any cd burning issues being addressed by the development team?  I need to know this, since if not, then I cannot upgrade, since I do have cd burning issues with v9 that I don't have with v8.  This tells me there is something changed and/or bad in v9 with the burning code.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 12:37:40 pm »

> now I can get a new faster cd burner, over my 32x

Short term...doing so may take care of #2. I don't see any of your problems with my Yam F1 USB ext in regards to burning, but then, I can't rip or playback out of it yet. Agreed...the burning code may need some fine tuning as you've seen, but your problem may not be MC related (I know...?).

10-27

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 05:59:07 am »

Thanks for the answers.

So I know #1 is worked, the sticky/default sort order is available.

I know the answers to #3 which is great, now I can get a new faster cd burner, over my 32x.

What about #2?  Are there any cd burning issues being addressed by the development team?  I need to know this, since if not, then I cannot upgrade, since I do have cd burning issues with v9 that I don't have with v8.  This tells me there is something changed and/or bad in v9 with the burning code.
The jerky progress updates were fixed in yesterday's build. What other CD burning issues are you having?

John T.
JRiver, Inc.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

gkerber

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 06:45:03 pm »

I had some "random" lockups.

I will re-upgrade and give it a try again.

(this time I won't let MJ make any ID tag changes, which really hosed things up for me when I reverted back to v8)

I'll let you know either way how burning goes.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up