INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to export songs listed in smart playlist to a new folder in Windows 10  (Read 341 times)

JRD50

When I use the export function to export my smart playlist to a new folder in windows 10 only a "directory" appears, not the actual songs.

When I go to play the list through my synoloy server it will not play the songs.

I either need to export the actual songs to the new folder or find a "play" option that will allow playback through teh synoloy server

Thanks

JD

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

JD - Exporting the actual tracks/files in your Smartlist to another folder is a relatively easy task:-

In Standard View scroll down the tree to the Playlists Section and then click on the Playlist/Smartlist whose files/tacks you want to "copy to another folder
Then click on any track listed in the right hand panel and issue the Ctrl + A keyboard command to select all the files/tacks
Then press the F6 key to bring up MC's File Rename, Move, Copy form:-
Select "Copy" from the drop-down list at the top of the form
Make sure there is a Tick in the boxes next to left of the words "Directories" and "Filename"
Set "Base Path" to the folder you want to copy the files to and make any relevant/necessary changes to the Folder/Directory and Filename rules
Use the information in the Preview Panel to double check you have got everything right
And then click the OK button once you are "Happy that MC is going to do exactly what you want it to do"
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Why export to another folder though?
What are you really trying to achieve?

I see from your other thread that you want a Playlist that just lists the one copy of your files, by file type. Have you looked at Stacks in MC?

If you are trying to put a copy on another drive, or even just in another directory for whatever reason, with a Playlist to play them, look at the Handheld Sync functionality.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up