INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio, VST "Program: Unnamed Slot (0)"  (Read 315 times)

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
DSP Studio, VST "Program: Unnamed Slot (0)"
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:01:55 am »

In MC 26.0.69, in DSP Studio, when displaying some VST plugin pages, at the top, beside "Program:" it always shows "Unnamed Slot (0)".

If I save and/or load user presets (using the Save and Load buttons to the right), MC continues to show "Unnamed Slot (0)"; it does not update to show the 'active' preset which I have selected. Also, the drop-down menu in the Program field does not become populated by any presets which I create and save.

Questions:

--Is/was this the intended language here, or an accident which happens when there are no factory presets provided by the VST manufacturer, or saved by the user?

--Or, is this a VST 'program' vs. 'preset' (categorical) language thing? Perhaps user saved 'presets', using MC's facility, are not the same as 'programs', which in DAW/VST-land usually refer to manufacturer's 'factory presets' which are internal to the VST itself (host independent)?

I'm not experiencing any trouble with the VST, but at the least I was just wondering -- regardless -- if some language that's more UX-oriented would be better there, such as, "No preset(s) available", or just making it blank.

To an end user like me it seems like some programmer's error message is accidentally being exposed.

If there's a distinction to be made between MC's (host's) preset Save/Load vs. VST manufacturer's 'programs', perhaps that could be made clearer? Right now they seem conflated/confused.

Thank you.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)
Pages: [1]   Go Up