INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 26.0.69 Update Problem  (Read 1636 times)

MRjr

• World Citizen
26.0.69 Update Problem
« on: May 06, 2020, 12:02:58 pm »

I upgraded from 26.0.30 to 26.0.69 recently.

With the former version I could add a playlist to "Playing Now" and "Show Playing Now" displayed image 26.0.30.pdf. Also, the playlist did NOT begin playing.

With 26.0.69, after adding the same playlist to "Playing Now" the "Show Playing Now" showed image 26.0.69.pdf. In addition the playlist started playing immediately.

Did something in my settings get  changed or is this an issue with the release?

MRjr

• World Citizen
Re: 26.0.69 Update Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 04:55:32 pm »

This issue is still present in 26.0.90.
Has a new setting been added to sort the playlist after adding to the 'playing now''?

I create the playlists I use and sort them when creating or changing them in the edit phase. When I add on to "Playing Now" I absolutely do not want the software to automatically sort on album name.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 08:56:54 pm »

Sometimes settings get changed to defaults during an update because the functionality they affect has changed.

To stop files from starting to play when added to Playing Now, uncheck "Options > General > Behaviour > Start playing when files added to Playing Now". If it is already unchecked, check it, click OK, reopen the Options dialogue, uncheck that setting, click OK and test again.

With the resorting of the Playlist when it is added to Playing Now, normally I would say check the Shuffle settings. But in your case, the MC26.0.30 version looks Shuffled, while the MC26.0.69 looks sorted by [Artist] or [Album]. Although it doesn't appear to be alphabetically sorted. More like it is Grouped. Maybe it is sorted by [Genre] or [filename], neither of which are in your image.

Can you determine what Playing Now is actually sorted by? That may help work out what is happening.

Are you sure that you got those image names the correct way around? Didn't accidentally swap the examples?

Generally when you add a Playlist to Playing Now, the sort gets set back to the default, which is to sort by Sequence number, and hence matches the source Playlist sort. If your example images are the correct way around, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't know of any way to permanently update the sort order of Playing Now. Sure, you can sort it by any column, and then Update Order to save the new order to the [Seq] field. But that doesn't change the future use of Playing Now. It always resets to Sequence.

BTW, it isn't the best idea to post images in PDF files, as they can have scripted actions. Use image files instead. Here is how: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125612.msg870781.html#msg870781
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

MRjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 05:09:04 pm »

Let me go through this once again...
I have no issue with the playing beginning immediately. I know how to manage that feature.

I have enclosed 4 images(.png) - thank you for the screen capture recommendation.

Those marked -26.0.30 are the play list and playing now lists from version 26.0.30. Those marked -26.0.80 are from version 26.0.80.

The issue is evident. The more recent version sorts the data as it is moved from the playlist to playing now. This occurred first after 26.0.30 and has remained that way.

I don't believe this is a design feature, at least I hope not. I have no way to control this action but version after 26.0.30 are of no use to me until I can find a solution.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 05:17:04 pm »

There must be something in your settings to cause this issue, I have never seen the playing now sequence change from the playlist sequence in any of the MC26 iterations. Just out of inerest have you linked the files you are playing, in which case the first selected file on an album will be expanded to include all of the other linked files from that album, but even then I cannot duplicate this issue.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

wer

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 05:25:01 pm »

So you're right-clicking on the Playlist, and selecting "Add to Playing Now"?  Is that correct?

Does the behavior change if you right-click and select "Play" instead?
What about if you shift-click on all the items in the Playlist, and then right-click on the selected items and "Add to Playing Now" or "Play"?

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 05:43:54 pm »

Try updating to 26.0.91 and see if it makes a difference.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 07:12:43 pm »

I just can't make this happen, or think of a setting that would do it.

The Linked Tracks is a good suggestion though. Although "Squeeze Me" doesn't appear in the third image, and is then at the top of the fourth image. Maybe if Shuffle was on and all Tracks in the Albums were linked, that could produce what the fourth image is showing. Or perhaps just because "Squeeze Me" is playing in the third and fourth images, it is taken as the starting point when adding the Playlist to Playing Now... but if the Playlist is already playing, why add it to Playing Now?

We need the detailed steps to reproduce this, hence Wer's questions are good as well. I tried all combinations again, with a Playlists sorted by Album and Track, and a Playlist that wasn't sorted that way, but was random. MC placed the Playlist into Playing Now in exactly the same sequence, every time.

Also, we know .30 works, and .69 doesn't. It would be good if you could narrow down in which version the problem started. MC26.0.35 was a Public Release. Does that have the problem? How about .43, .47, .52, .56. .67?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

MRjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 11:46:36 am »

How can I get 26.0.91? If I update from the application it retrieves 26.0.80.

I have done the following.
1. Select the Play List from the lft. column(Menu?).
    Use the button "Add Playing"
2. Select the Play List from the lft. column.
    Rt-Clk on play list an select "Add to playing now'"
2. Select the Play List from the lft. column
    Select an entry on the list of tracks(main window), Ctrl-A to select all. Add to playing now with either method.

ALL show the same result. I will try with 26.0.91 when I get it and will try selecting a play list and executing a play now function without adding the tracks to the playing now list explicitly.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 11:53:08 am »

How can I get 26.0.91? If I update from the application it retrieves 26.0.80.

Help > Update Channels > Latest (instead of Stable).

Or, you can manually download it from this board.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

MRjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2020, 01:10:18 pm »

26.0.91 Works correctly with a caveat, of my making I possibly.

If I select a play list, rt-clk and "add to playing now" OR "play" it works correctly.
If I select a play list and use the "Add Playing" button at the top that includes File, Edit, etc. it FAILS as before, i.e. it sorts the data before adding to the playing not list.

The key issue is that I edited the languages file to change the text of "Add to Playing Now" to "Add Palying". I changed a number of the text data labels to shorten them.

I was told that the language file would be overwritten with a new version but mine was not. I would  like to get an original version of the languages file to see if my editing caused the error of if the data in the languages file that invokes the "Add to Playing Now" function is not working correctly.

MRjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 01:26:20 pm »

I found the new language file. The file was updated when I updated the software but, somehow, the old file was still being used.

After installing the default "English" language file I found that it is the key that is causing the problem. If I add from a "Play List" to "playing Now" using the "Add to Playing Now" button at the top, menu bar, location, the data is sorted while being added to the "Playing Now" area.

Other ways of getting the data into the "Playing Now" area work correctly.

It would be nice to get this fixed. My wife used the top row button - "Add Playing", "Show Playing", "Clear Playing". The label changes are mine to allow more information to be put on the top row.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2020, 01:28:26 pm »

Thanks for the details.

I found a bug with the current button.  It was playing shuffled albums, instead of just playing.

Next build:
Fixed: The Add to Playing Now toolbar button would not work in the expected way.

You may need to remove and re-add the button.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2020, 01:31:24 pm »

I'm glad this was sorted.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 06:43:07 pm »

I was wondering what and where this "Add Playing" button was until I read all the posts. Tricky, tweaking the Language file.  8)

I was able to produce that Shuffled Albums effect using the "Add to Playing Now" button. I saw some other strange behaviour but will wait to see if the fix eliminates them before documenting.

MRjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 02:30:59 pm »

In version 26.0.98 the sorting problem has been eliminated but there is still behavior that is different from other methods of adding to the playing now list.

Rt-Clk on a play list and select "Add to Playing Now". The list is added.
Select the same play list and use the button "Add to Playing Now"; the list is added, not sorted, but playing is immediately initiated.

The two forms of adding to the play list should exhibit the same behavior; add the tracks but do NOT start playing unless the option to do so is selected: General -> Start playing when files added to Playing Now.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 05:08:15 pm »

Confirmed. That isn't the correct behaviour. Well, I said I saw other strange behaviour that would need to be looked at.

I agree that the button method should honour the setting in Options > General.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 07:29:36 am »

I'll make the next build use an add mode that doesn't start playing right away.

Here's the history:
Changed: The "Add to Playing Now" toolbar button just adds instead of adds and plays.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2020, 05:55:48 pm »

Thanks Matt.

I assume that mode will honour the setting in Options > General as well?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 06:05:44 pm »

Yes, it starts playing if the option is set.

MRjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 02:17:27 pm »

Thank you.

Milt
Pages: [1]   Go Up