INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics Display  (Read 527 times)

MRjr

• World Citizen
Lyrics Display
« on: May 02, 2020, 03:08:45 pm »

MC 26.0.30

Sorry if this has been covered extensively but I could not locate a thread exclusive to the Lyrics display.
First - Outstanding, a wonderful addition(I am aware it did not begin with MC 26).
A couple of thoughts...
1. This lyrics display is too transparent.
2. The lyrics don't scroll. Frequently the song exceeds the display space.
    * Make the lyrics display a modeless dialog box with a 'cancel' button that will scroll.
    * Change the lyrics in the display when the track changes.
3. Make a button that can be put on the toolbar to add/stop the lyrics display

Regards,

Milt

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lyrics Display
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 04:22:33 am »

Milt - For any media player to be able to "scroll lyrics" the source of those lyrics has to contain something that is missing from the Lyrics Files that MC, and other Media Players, can access - Extremely Accurate Timing Information. MC26.0.42 introduced the ability to page lyrics, which could be called "pseudo scrolling" since it does automatically move onto the next page of lyrics at a time it has calculated from the Tracks Duration.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

MRjr

• World Citizen
Re: Lyrics Display
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 03:48:26 pm »

I don't expect the software to scroll accurately. That is the point of the scroll bar and a dialog box. The software does know when one track has finished and another started.
Pages: [1]   Go Up