INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Issues and advice  (Read 1024 times)

paruggeri

• Recent member
DLNA Issues and advice
« on: May 10, 2020, 09:51:00 am »

Hello Everyone,

I use JRiver Media Center 26.  I have a Jam Rythmn speaker in my son's bedroom so that he can listen to music before he goes to bed from his library. The Windows Media Sharing Service recognizes the speaker as a part of my network. JRiver is unable to recognize the speaker, However. I really don't want to use Windows Media player. JRiver automatically picks up my UDP-LX500 and Sony flatscreen with no issues when my Home theater is powered on at every startup. I downloaded the Digital Media Renderer Analyzer that I found through the forums. The analyzer recognizes and is able to communicate with the speaker in my son's bedroom. The speaker has a static IP address on the network.  I have tried disabling all firewalls and adjusting settings in the router. I also moved the speaker to the same room as the router to ensure that the speaker was not out of range. The speaker still does not show as a renderer in JRiver. The Jam app shows the wifi signal at full strength. I am ready to give up and purchase The BluOs Flex speaker to use in conjunction with my T777V3 to stream music to his room. Any suggestions, before I spend $300 and go BluOs. I am lost.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA Issues and advice
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 06:01:03 pm »

You say you ran the DMRA on the player.. can you please post the DMRA renderer report here?
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 06:04:43 pm »

Notwithstanding the results of Andrew's test, I found this in the troubleshooting section of the JAM Audio website at https://www.jamaudio.com/wifi-help

Can I connect my speakers to my computer?

The speakers are not designed to pair with computers using DLNA.

However the manual does talk about being able to connect to the app using DLNA: All JAM WiFi Home Audio speakers are DLNA compliant. Therefore, they are able to communicate with your iOS or Android devices.

paruggeri

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 10:49:20 am »

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.  The Jam App is made to work with ITunes. It only shows music that is in Apple's container.  JRiver allowed me to control the speaker, send music to his room, and ignore their app completely.  I only had success when I restarted the network completely. The speaker showed up as a zone and operation was normal. However, once I closed the program and reopened it, the speaker dissapeared again. Is the solution to simply keep JRiver open at all times, once I restart the network? @Andrew which part of the report do you need me to post. It has several different tabs. I just want to make sure I post the right information. Thanks again for the assistance! I truly appreciate the help.

Pete

paruggeri

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 10:54:19 am »

I should also note that everything worked perfect prior to a few months ago. I have been going crazy trying to figure out what happened. As such, I decided to post here before investing in a new solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up