INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray Menu Support Issue  (Read 646 times)

Tifusa

Blu-ray Menu Support Issue
« on: May 09, 2020, 05:17:38 am »

Hi, I am new to this forum.

I used to use another commercial player Macgo to play BDMV ripped by makemkv on my Mac.
Recently, I built a Ryzen app machine to run as my HTPC, and I am considering to use JRiver with madvr to play my collections.
However, I find that java enabled disk menu is likely not supported by JRiver.
The disk I tried is Summer Wars, an old disk released in 2010 in Japan.
I got a black screen after the publisher logo movie. At the same time, JRiver itself was still functional, I could minimize the player to check other functions.

I am not sure whether it has anything to do with my setting, so I get my log attached.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Blu-ray Menu Support Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 05:26:43 am »

The Java code on your disc is causing an exception with our Java version. It might be a small issue or an intentional copy-protection thing. But without having access to that disc in particular, I can't really tell much else. Unfortunately there is way too many discs around to test all of them.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Tifusa

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 09:33:21 am »

The Java code on your disc is causing an exception with our Java version. It might be a small issue or an intentional copy-protection thing. But without having access to that disc in particular, I can't really tell much else. Unfortunately there is way too many discs around to test all of them.
Hi, thank you for the reply! So if I understand correctly, I cannot do anything with this issue since the Java environment is preconfigured in JRiver.
I guess this should not be caused by copy-protection but just Java compatibility, since this disk was released 10 years ago.
Please let me know if I can help by providing any disk files. My library is stored in google drive.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 11:42:47 pm »

FYI - I tested a version of Summer Wars and it played fine, so I'm guessing it is a different "pressing".  The one I tested had English and Japanese audio. 
JRiver CEO Elect

Tifusa

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 02:55:39 am »

FYI - I tested a version of Summer Wars and it played fine, so I'm guessing it is a different "pressing".  The one I tested had English and Japanese audio.
Thank you for the information!
I believe yours must be an international release, since mine only has Japanese audio and language.
Just out of curiosity, does yours have any interactive menu elements, like the loading page before the main movie or character introduction page as attached?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 07:32:28 pm »

Nope - and the one I tested must be the international release as the intros, warnings, splash screens are all in English as well.
JRiver CEO Elect

Tifusa

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 04:55:14 am »

Nope - and the one I tested must be the international release as the intros, warnings, splash screens are all in English as well.
That explains why my disk doesn't work. It is highly possible the Java program implemented in the Japanese release is too odd to be loaded by JRiver. Anyway, thank you for the information!
Pages: [1]   Go Up