INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks in wrong order  (Read 1207 times)

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
Tracks in wrong order
« on: May 13, 2020, 10:29:32 am »

Just noticed in previous 26.0.79 version and now in 26.0.80 that some albums tracks are in wrong order when in Artists view. They are renamed correctly 01. Name.flac, 02. Name.flac etc. But in Albums view track numbering is correct. Panes view also shows them in correct order.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Tracks in wrong order
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 07:14:01 pm »

try clicking the track# above the albums and see if that helps

just a thought
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

DJLegba

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 08:30:29 pm »

Another thought, could be wrong. For some reason at one point MC created mp3 versions of several tracks and stacked the albums. I seem to recall noticing it because the track order was incorrect. But I've been wrong many times.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 09:57:03 pm »

Maybe an update disturbed some something. I don't know. I did notice the same thing just now. But surely the fix is as easy as what's shown in the attached image? i.e. Select Default sorting Inside Groups for the bottom pane of the View. Then the View is sorted by [Name], [Album Artist (auto)], [Album], [Disc #] and by default is Grouped By [Album], and automagically sorts by [Disc #] and [Track #] within the Group. MC magically ties the [Disc #] and [Track #] fields for sorting in several (most?) Views. That is fixed and in code, not user settings.

MC should remember the sorting once you fix it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 09:09:05 am »

Thanks Roderick. Checked grouping settings and they were ok.
Weird that track order is correct when in Artists view
(first screenshot) artist is highlighted but when selected to Artists> Albums track numbering is changed.

Could this have something to do with Cloudplay? I noticed that few other artists albums track order has also changed, and they were also uploaded to cloudplay.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 04:20:27 pm »

I have no idea whether Cloudplay uploads have any affect on this, but I doubt it.

Try changing the sort within groups to Name, go to another View such as Albums and then come back, and change the sort within groups back to Default. See if that fixes the issue. Sometimes sort orders set don't seem to save.

Also check the sort order in the upper Pane. Is that set to Default, or something else. Try setting that to Default, and the lower Pane to Default, and see if that fixes it. The two sort do seem to interact, with sometimes a little strange results.

You could explicitly set the sort order in the View definition, but that shouldn't be necessary. You could create a custom sort order and select that instead of Default, but again, that shouldn't be necessary.

I have seen sort orders get messed up sometimes, for no apparent reason, but I can usually just set them back to what I want.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 09:05:07 am »

Problem solved. I loaded new Artists view from prebuilt "default" views and now track numbering works like it should. Nothing else worked, it's still mystery what was broken in previous view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up