INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to populate "Number of Tracks" in Genre view?  (Read 666 times)

Solderman

• Junior Woodchuck
How to populate "Number of Tracks" in Genre view?
« on: May 12, 2020, 05:39:04 am »

MC 26.0.73 (32 bit)

In library view -> Genres, I added removed columns to taste. I want "Number of Tracks", but get no data in the rows. How come? MC "knows" because I see the data at the bottom toolbar change as I select different rows. I poked through the Wiki and here, and can find no info on how to turn on a feature. Can someone point me in right direction? I'm pretty sure older MC did this automatish.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
Re: How to populate "Number of Tracks" in Genre view?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 08:48:04 am »

Dear Soldermizer, I add a pic which red line under Track#.
Is this what you mean?
tc
Wake up and slow down 😴

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 02:13:49 pm »

I think that MC itself populate "total tracks" automatically only when you rip your CD. So in other situations, you need to either fill it manually or create e.g. expression column which will calculate total tracks for every album every time you open the view.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 05:54:56 pm »

You don't need to populate the [Total Tracks] field to get the View The Big Labinski showed. MC calculates the total number of tracks automatically.

Just set the Genre View to a List Style of Details, and the [Track #] field will show the total number of tracks in the Genre selected.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 12:41:03 am »

You don't need to populate the [Total Tracks] field to get the View The Big Labinski showed. MC calculates the total number of tracks automatically.

Just set the Genre View to a List Style of Details, and the [Track #] field will show the total number of tracks in the Genre selected.
I thought that this question was about seeing total tracks in row columns

Solderman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 06:23:04 am »

Yes, you guys are unclear on what I'm asking. I'm using the completely default Genre view. There are fields named "number of tracks" (which doesn't seem to work) and "Track #" which doesn't even appear in Genre view.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 06:29:00 am »

Dear Soldermizer, please try to post one or two pictures here. Maybe we could understand better what you mean.
TC
Stefan
Wake up and slow down 😴

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 09:27:25 am »

There is a "number of tracks" field but I don't where it is used by MC. AFAIK MC uses "Total Tracks" field when ripping CDs.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 05:37:30 pm »

AFAIK MC uses "Total Tracks" field when ripping CDs.

It does. But in addition, any Categories based View that shows a group of files in one row and includes the [Track #] field, that [Track #] field will show a summary of how many tracks are in the group.

Soldermizer, if you are using a custom Categories View for your Genre View, add the [Track #] field as a column and see what happens. If you are using a Panes View, post an image of the View and View definition.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up