INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD .ISO tracks cannot be found anymore  (Read 384 times)

uirio

• Recent member
SACD .ISO tracks cannot be found anymore
« on: May 14, 2020, 10:06:04 am »

Hi everybody,
first of all sorry for my bad english.
I'm an MC users since release 17 (now I'm at 26.0.73).
I have about 45k tracks from SACD .ISO images.
Recently I discovered that many of this tracks (about 3k) struggles in the situation that they cannot be played because the file is not found.
I isolated them using the custom rule "[=ismissing([filename])]=1" in a new view; here are the description of some of the problems that arise with these tracks:

1) Art Pepper / New York Album: the file Image.iso is in the folder "APR 3012 SA Art Pepper - New York Album":
- track #1 (filename/name "Image.iso" and the correct filename/path) can be found and played;
- track #2 (filename/name "Image.iso" but filename/path is "APR 3022 SA Art Pepper - New York Album" - notice the 3022 instead of the correct 3012) cannot be found (of course, path does not exist);
- track #3 ("Image.iso" in "APR 3032 SA Art Pepper - New York Album" - notice the 3032) cannot be found and so on ...

2) Ben Webster Quintet - Soulville: the file Image.iso is in the folder "CVRJ 8274 SA Ben Webster Quintet - Soulville":
- track #1 desappeared from library (!);
- track #2 (track title "Late Date", filename/name "Image.iso" but filename/path "CVRJ 8274 SA Ben Webster Quintet - Late Date" - notice the title of the track instead of the album name in the path): cannot be found (of course, path does not exists);
- track #3 (track title "Time on My Hands", filename/name "Image.iso" but in "CVRJ 8274 SA Ben Webster Quintet - Time on My Hands"): cannot be found and so on ...

3) Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun: the file Image.iso is in the folder "CAPP 73962 SA Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun":
- track #1 desappeared from library (!);
- tracks #2-3 (filename/name "Image.iso" and the correct filename/path) can be found and played;
- track #4 (track artist "Jimi Hendrix & Buddy Miles", filename/name "Image.iso" but filename/path "CAPP 73962 SA Jimi Hendrix & Buddy Miles - Machine Gun" - notice the track artist instead of the album artist in the path): cannot be found (of course, path does not exists);
- tracks #5-6 as tracks #2-3;
- tracks #7 as track #4 and so on ...

4) Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath: the file Image.iso in in the folder "Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath":
- track #1 (filename/name "Image.iso" and the correct filename/path) can be found and played;
- track #2 (track title "The Wizard", filename/name "Image.iso" but filename/path "The Wizard - The Wizard" - notice the track title instead of the album artist and album name in the path): cannot be found (of course, path does not exists);
- track #3 (title "Behind the Wall of Sleep", filename/name "Image.iso" but filename/path "Behind the Wall of Sleep - Behind the Wall of Sleep"): cannot be found (of course, path does not exists) and so on ...

I don't know when and how this happened; the only relevant things I did during these years, except regularly updating MC, was changing two times the drive letter of the library using RMCF / Update database to point to new location / Find & Replace for example "M:\Library\" with "L:\Library\"; the first time, some years ago, I didn't noticed any problem; the second time was about one month ago with MC 26.

While trying to fix the problem, I also noticed this new (to me) strange behaviours:
a) the filename/name is now "Image.iso" for many tracks instead of the "Image.iso;x" (being x the number of the track in the .iso file) I'm used to; this is true for all the tracks that cannot be found any more (because the path has changed as described above) and for many other tracks that still work properly (i.e. can be found and played), while the remaining tracks still work properly retaining the "old" "Image.iso;x" syntax;
b) to isolate all and only the missing tracks above I need to add the rule "Filename does not contains ;" because the custom rule "[=ismissing([filename])]=1" will also show the tracks with the old "Image.iso;x" syntax that instead are all ok;
c) if I change (using the tag panel) the filename/path of all the tracks of one of the albums above (say in the case #1 above I change the path of all the tracks to the correct one "APR 3012 SA Art Pepper - New York Album") MC immediately changes also the filename/name of the tracks: the first track is still "Image.iso" while the other become "Image (x).iso" (being x the number of the track + 1); BTW no changes in the filesystem (i.e. only the file "Image.iso" in the album folder, no copies nor renames);
d) if I then change (using the tag panel) the filename/name of all the tracks to "Image.iso" then nothing changes (also in the filesystem);
e) I need to manually enter in the filename/name of each track the syntax "Image.iso;x";
f) using RMCF / Update database to point to new location does not help because it seems that MC does not allow (anymore ?) the use of semicolons in the rule (or I don't know how to use them); i.e. with the Filename rule "Image.iso;[Track #]" anything after the semicolon is ignored together with the semicolon itself;
g) most (if not all, I've checked only some) of the affected albums have their sidecars "Image_iso_JRSidecar.xml" which contain the correct filename/name; so after point c) above, I tried an Update library (from tags) but it does nothing.

For what can help I have the following settings:
Importing & Tagging / Update tags when file info changes: SELECTED
Importing & Tagging / Sidecar tagging mode: Save in sidecar if internal tagging is not supported
Importing & Tagging / Create external sidecar files for media types: Audio; Video
Auto-Import / Run auto-import in background: SELECTED
Auto-Import / Ignore files previously removed from library: SELECTED
Auto-Import / Update for external changes: NOT SELECTED
Auto-Import / Fix broken links: NO

How this can happened ? Should I expect all my other tracks from .ISO to follow this way ?
Does anybody have some suggestion on how to programmatically fix this problem ?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BTW I'm seriously considering extracting the DSD tracks from the .ISO (see https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125329.0/).
I will also try posting a request about fixing MC's SACD .ISO support since I really think that MC should handle .ISO images in an acceptable way.

mbalcarek

• Recent member
Pages: [1]   Go Up