INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kind of advanced smartlist question  (Read 1458 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Kind of advanced smartlist question
« on: April 23, 2003, 07:29:29 pm »

Anybody have any ideas as to how I could do this?

I've got a bunch of files that got all messed up. I'm not talking the tags or the filenames or anything, I'm talking about the actual file. They're completely unplayable.

I didn't delete them so that I could have a record of which files got messed up so I could replace them. I did, however mark their Genre in such a way that I could easily identify and filter them out.

Now, I've just received about 6000 files from a friend of mine, and I'm working on removing duplicates.

Is there anyway I can create a smartlist that lists all of the files that belong to the genre I mentioned above (I called it "Fux0red") and their possible duplicates, regardless of what genres those duplicates may be, without showing all of the possible duplicates in the library?

I'm thinking no. But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Kind of advanced smartlist question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 03:09:56 am »

Could you put the new 6,000 files + the corrupt files into a separate Library?  That would keep duplicates from the main library from being a problem.

Just a thought.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 04:40:05 am »

You could set up a playlist containing all the fux0red files.  Run the Check for dupes smartlist and then filter the results to show either files that are in the playlist or files that are not in the playlist depending on which you plan to remove...

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need a better explanation ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 04:43:38 am »

Well, I've already eliminated duplicates from the main library, so it's not a problem now.

The problem is that all of these files I just received have a lot of duplicates. So right now I'm trying to just replace the corrupt files from my library with any that he may have. Then I'll work on combining the two libraries into one.

His library, all on its own, has 600 duplicates...

I can easily create a list that only shows his duplicates and mine that are duplicates of his. I'm just wondering if there's any way to create a list that only shows my corrupt files that he has a duplicate of (along with those duplicates of course). Just to make my job of replacing some of mine a little easier.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 04:46:06 am »

I think I understand what you're saying, but won't that just leave me with a list of FuX0red files that have duplicates in the other library, but not the duplicates from that other library?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 04:48:53 am »

Not if you filter it so that it shows files which are not in the fux0red playlist.  I think you can invert the filter can't you?  I am not by my MC PC at the moment but I think you can do this.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2003, 05:34:39 am »

Maybe I'm not following you then...

If I create a playslit that contains all of the fux0red files, then run the possible duplicates smartlist, it'll show me all of the duplicates. All of the ones he has, and all of the ones I have.

If I include the fux0red playlist into the duplicates smartlist, then I'm only going to see possible duplicates that all belong to the fux0red playlist.

If I exclude the fux0red playlist from the duplicates smartlist, then I'm not going to see any files that belong to the fux0red playlist. I'm not even sure if I'd wind up seeing any of the files he has that may be duplicates of my fux0red files.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2003, 07:33:41 am »

Once you have the results of the duplicates smartlist in the window you need to filter these so that they exclude anything that is not in the fux0red playlist.  That way it will show all files in the fux0red playlist that have a duplicate within the library...I think.  I will check if what I am trying to explain actually works when I get home in about an hour and I will see if I can explain it better if it does!!

Adam

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2003, 07:37:15 am »

Even if it does show things that are in the fux0red playlist that have a duplicate, it won't show the duplicate because you're filtering that out.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2003, 07:43:29 am »

Ive just re read your post and had a rethink and I thought... COuld you not create a search rule using some kind of logical operator eg Duplicates: Name and Playlist fux0red.  Would that show all files that are duplicates and that have a coresponding entry in the playlist?  I am not sure but it may be worth a try to use some kind of logical operator in there...

Adam

px2so

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2003, 07:46:52 am »

Whoa, file swaping to the next level. :)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2003, 07:48:57 am »

Just tried it. What it shows me is all duplicate entries in the fux0red playlist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up