INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest Hairstyle comments  (Read 761 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Latest Hairstyle comments
« on: April 23, 2003, 03:47:53 pm »

Okay - here is my latest batch of comments regarding HairStyle

* Clock is a nice new addition.  COuld this be extended a bit further to show Playing Now Info at all times regardeless of which HS section you were in? (UPDATE: Have just looked at the XML file and I am excited about here this is going)
* In Playing Now view could there be some kind of indicator to show which file is currently playing? (Maybe a different coloured frame or something?)
* Could there be a way to show other meta data apart from cover/title in Playing Now e.g.a view that shows all the data for the currently playing track (see myHTPC for an example although it is quite poorly executed and I am sure you guys could do it better...)
* I still think Artist view in playing now should default to showing an album thumbnail and then when you move in to the artist the navigation lists albums and you can selct the album to see thumbs for individual files.  At the moment it does this for artists with multiple albums but not for artists just with one album or a few tracks.  Needs to be consistent.
* The Hairstyle XML document is currently not well-formed as it uses --.  This is not good as the parser expects this to be part of a comment field eg -->

I think that just about coversit for now ;D  The latest version is shaping up nicely.  The context sensitive text is great and could really be developed to allow people to populate HS with their own fields etc.

Keep up the great work!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

bennyd

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Project Leader
Re: Latest Hairstyle comments
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 10:14:13 pm »

* And when you just recorded a tv show or have let media scheduler record it for you, that you can navigate to it via hairstyle without having to import them first (or do an auto import from recorded shows via mc or media scheduler)
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

sraymond

Re: Latest Hairstyle comments
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 07:20:02 am »

* The "&" in the XML document need to be escaped using "&"
Pages: [1]   Go Up