INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whole Home Audio  (Read 396 times)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
Whole Home Audio
« on: May 28, 2020, 11:58:37 am »

Whole Home Audio:

Find a way to play media via WiFi to multiple rooms, all playing in sync. User can create Zones for different locations on their properties. Then choose which ones have media playing.

If you have made strides in this area, please let me know. I come and go around here.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Whole Home Audio
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 12:31:51 pm »

Whole Home Audio:

Find a way to play media via WiFi to multiple rooms, all playing in sync. User can create Zones for different locations on their properties. Then choose which ones have media playing.

If you have made strides in this area, please let me know. I come and go around here.

All of this has already been implemented. See Zones, ZoneLink and ZoneSync in the wiki.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 08:12:52 pm »

All of this has already been implemented. See Zones, ZoneLink and ZoneSync in the wiki.

I'll keep saying it until someone proves otherwise:  Synced audio with MC does not work.  Period.  I've been trying since MC20 and it never, ever works.  Each time I ask, people talk around the subject and no one can demonstrate that audio will stay in sync, across two or more players. 

If you have it working, please tell me how.

This is the biggest weakness of MC as an audio player.  Several other competing audio ecosystems play multiple networked players in sync.

Brian.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 02:37:13 pm »

Ok, got my hopes up again. To me synced zone playback across local and WiFi zones is the essence of what's missing in the JRiver Ecosystem.

Like Brian says, if there is a way to do it someone please send us in that direction!

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 02:52:41 pm »

When you refer to sync ... do you mean sync between MC players. Or do you include DLNA renderers into mix too?
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 04:01:44 pm »

When you refer to sync ... do you mean sync between MC players. Or do you include DLNA renderers into mix too?
Now, thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I am a neophyte at this. That is why I have been asking for help on this for years. Maybe it IS possible.

Right now JRiver plays from my main Windows computer to the local PC speakers (a zone) and the receiver/stereo system its wired to in another room (another zone). I can play one, the other, or both. It works great, thanks to help I received on this forum several years ago!

What I want is to also have the following items connected via WiFi set as zones that play 1) synchronized in time and 2) volume leveled concurrently with my main system:

-Cell phones - Android and Apple

-TV to be purchased (audio and video), with soundbar

-Maybe Raspberry Pi's - They don't have internal clocks yet, not sure if that is a problem. I just set up an awesome Pi-Hole to reduce ads/malware on the home network! New announced beta 64-bit O/S is exciting...

-Other hardware/devices - I am willing to buy stuff within reason, though I try to stay away from the big Internet companies. Imagine a WiFi boombox playing whatever JRiver can play, cooperating with your whole network!

Currently, I am using an old cell phone, Gizmo, and Bluetooth speakers in the garage. It works as a separate entity, but it won't cooperate with my main system.

I want to be able to select which zones are playing at any given time. Whole home JRiver!

So I am not sure if I answered your question, but this is what I am referring to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up