INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last.fm scrobbler: only submit the first artist in the artist list  (Read 425 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Would it be possible to change the last.fm scrobbler to only submit the first artist name? I just noticed that all of my scrobbled tracks with multiple artists in the artist field were not matching the existing tracks in the last.fm database (excluding them from the recommendations algorithm and playback mixes). I've been trying to move featured artists from the track name to the artists list for better search results and just noticed that tracks with a list of artists weren't matching, example:

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: Last.fm scrobbler: only submit the first artist in the artist list
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 12:18:52 am »

BryanC - I'm pretty sure that if you change the Artist for tracks 4 to 10 to "Ray LaMontagne and The Pariah Dogs" then last.fm scrobbler will recognize them since those tracks are originally from this album - https://www.discogs.com/Ray-LaMontagne-And-The-Pariah-Dogs-God-Willin-The-Creek-Dont-Rise/master/285694
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 07:50:40 am »

That was just an example, the problem occurs on any track with a list of artists because last.fm cannot interpret the semi-colon delineated syntax. Even if the correct artist is "Ray Lamontagne and the Pariah Dogs", matching "Ray Lamontagne" is enough to find a match because lots of people are presumably using a single Album Artist when scrobbling. I don't think that's the right decision since scrobbling is inherently a track-based system.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 08:14:05 am »

I seriously doubt if you will find a single web-site that will recognise/match to an Artist Field/Tag that uses a semi-colon delineated syntax since that Field/Tag is Defined/Used as a String and not a Delineated List.

The normal/most acceptable formats for the "Artist" tag for multi-artist tracks are "Artist A and Artist B", "Artist A & Artist B", "Artist A with Artist B", "Artist A feat Artist B", "Artist A feat, Artist B", "Artist A featuring Artist B".
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 09:17:34 am »

I seriously doubt if you will find a single web-site that will recognise/match to an Artist Field/Tag that uses a semi-colon delineated syntax since that Field/Tag is Defined/Used as a String and not a Delineated List.

The normal/most acceptable formats for the "Artist" tag for multi-artist tracks are "Artist A and Artist B", "Artist A & Artist B", "Artist A with Artist B", "Artist A feat Artist B", "Artist A feat, Artist B", "Artist A featuring Artist B".

Not in MC (which uses a relational artist list), hence the request.
Pages: [1]   Go Up