INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Randomly missing cover art and "Who's alphabet is it anyway?"  (Read 377 times)

CHaun

• World Citizen

The major issue is that I keep losing cover art randomly on my tv series view. The file exists in the cover art directory, but stops displaying on the icon. If I re-apply it from file, it doesn't fix it. The only solution in the past has been to get the same art from the internet again and then it will display the artwork. I can't use this "fix" currently because of the tv lookup problems going on now but this has been an issue since before the tvdb issues. This problem happens randomly to a couple a week and so far never to the same series. I've also tried rebuilding thumbnails and that doesn't fix it.

On an less serious issue, why is it that single word titles appear alphabetically before titles that start with the word in the icon list, but after them in the menu list. See in the example given : "Love", "Love, American Style", "Love, Sex and Robots", and "Lost", "Lost Girl", "Lost in Space"?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Randomly missing cover art and "Who's alphabet is it anyway?"
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 06:00:45 am »

try right click > cover art > rebuild thumbnail

as for the second issue, it's correct in JRiver, and incorrect in windows.  perhaps you have a grouping in windows such as date modified?

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 06:28:15 am »

Rebuild thumbnail doesn't fix the art, nor does selecting the art listed as "your library" and saving the art. The only thing that used to work was to "get from internet" and select the identical item from the internet and save the cover art (which I can't currently do). I'd also like to figure out why the art keeps vanishing.

On the second issue, the image is a screenshot of JRiver in standard view and not windows explorer. The right pane is the icons and the left pane is the tree.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 06:51:54 am »

if its the word "The" in the 3rd pic then turn of articles

just a thought
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 07:19:53 am »

I have articles turned off. In this example it is specifically for the titles starting with the word Love and also the ones starting with Lost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up