INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 26.0.87 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 7083 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 26.0.87 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: June 02, 2020, 12:33:23 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 26.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260087.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260087-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

26.0.87 (5/29/2020)

1. NEW: Slanted quotes (“”) in titles are replaced with regular quotes (") for lyrics lookup.
2. NEW: Slanted single quotes (‘’) in titles are replaced with reqular single quotes (') for lyrics lookup.
3. NEW: Added a mode 5 to the Clean(...) expression function that standardizes quotes.
4. NEW: Revamped Tuner Stream (DMS) TV channel support.  Primarily for Linux and Mac, but will work on Windows.  Tested with HDHomeRun Prime, and HDHomeRun Extend tuners.  Should also work with HDHomeRun Connect.
5. Changed: Media Center now uses TheMovieDB for TV Show metadata lookup, series/season posters and Theater View background art.

26.0.86 (5/27/2020)

1. Changed: The OSD doesn't display when playing an image, then jumping to full screen (before it would show the zoom level).

26.0.85 (5/27/2020)

1. Fixed: Starting an image playing and then jumping to Display View would not make the image fill the view.
2. Fixed: The subtitle engine would select the wrong sidecar subtitle files in some situations.
3. Changed: Disabled event notifications for other applications through global broadcast messages, since they can interfer with smooth operation of other applications.
4. Changed: Made exclusive the default for WASAPI again.
5. Changed: Standardized on ";" for the list delimiter instead of "; " for all the expressions.
6. Changed: Actors, producers, etc. from TheMovieDB are delimited with ";" instead of "; ".
7. Changed: Memory playback turns off when there's less than 256 MB of memory (previously it would still try to allocate that much).
8. Changed: Memory playback no longer disables for URL playback.
9. Changed: Use higher quality resampling for DSD from PCM playback.
10. Changed: Enter in the search box of Options no longer closes.

26.0.84 (5/22/2020)

1. NEW: Added support for the image type webp.
2. Changed: Made the default for WASAPI exclusive off.
3. NEW: The Regex expression function takes a -2 mode that outputs all the captures as a semi-colon delimited list.
4. NEW: Sidecar files of the type OPF are loaded for EPUB books (the sidecar must be the same name as the book in the file system other than the extension).
5. Fixed: Video conversion did not honor user's audio stream selection.

26.0.83 (5/20/2020)

1. NEW: Right-click on a tag value in the Tag window will offer the option to "Customize This Field..." which opens the library field dialog.
2. Fixed: When browsing for subs, the selection would not be saved.
3. Fixed: Updated Google date lookup to use the newer page styles of Google.
4. Fixed: The missing file icon was not working.
5. Fixed: GroupCountQuery would not work in Theater View templates (now it uses the full set of library files instead of the files in the working set).
6. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. NEW: Television option to allow users to pick a specific TV rating system (if available) in XMLTV files.
8. NEW: Added the MCWS function Control/AnalyzeAudio that takes a tree path and analyzes the files.
9. NEW: Added the option to lock and unlock a playlist to the Tag window right-click.
10. Changed: Made album artist a default search field for new libraries.
11. Changed: Trying to drag the window from just to the right of the toolbar didn't work.
12. Changed: TV channels loaded from the DMS (DLNA) are cleared each time before the current list is loaded.
13. Changed: Discovering of Open Cable type of TV tuners is slightly changed.  Users should not notice any difference.

26.0.82 (5/15/2020)

1. Changed: Made analyze audio able to process 16 files at once.
2. Changed: Reverted the ItemCount change from the previous build because it made expressions no longer work.
3. Fixed: Some of the expression tooltips could get incorrectly combined.
4. Fixed: Audio Path could display incorrectly when running a translation.
5. Changed: Made the clean expression function when in filename mode allow backslashes to go through in a new mode 4 of cleaning (since they could be part of a path).
6. Changed: When loading EPG from XMLTV files with multiple access rating systems, MC will try to use user's country setting to determine which system to use automatically.
7. NEW: Support for playing TAK audio files (using the DirectShow playback engine).

26.0.81 (5/13/2020)

1. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč!).
2. NEW: The Customize View dialog is sizable and it opens at the last size and position.
3. Changed: Now allow up to 16 concurrent conversions (was capped at 8 previously).
4. Changed: Updated Chinese (Simplified) translation (thanks kelijun!).
5. Changed: Added an option for the Mini View close mode to Options > General > Behavior.
6. Changed: Changed country name "Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M.)" to "North Macedonia".
7. Fixed: Adding a list field to the tag window would not make the size grow properly.
8. Changed: The list of folders in the import dialog is sorted.
9. Fixed: The ItemCount expression could be slow if something that wasn't a field name was entered.

26.0.80 (5/11/2020)

1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: It will show a message when adding or removing from a locked playlist in the Tag window and not make any changes.
3. NEW: MC can use TitanTV's web interface to schedule TV recording or starting playing TV.

26.0.79 (5/10/2020)

1. Fixed: Putting a zero in the FormatRange expression could lead to a crash.

26.0.78 (5/9/2020)

1. Fixed: The last build could fail to install on some systems.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 26.0.87 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 02:31:30 pm »

Greatday to all, Yaobing, latest fw .87 did broke Sat>iP support.
Rolled back to .80 and again working.
The server is discovered (DLNA) by MC but not tuners are selectable.
Tried a second time, just to have the logfiles.
Yaobing i've mailed you both logfiles, to big to attach here and these have respective .80 and .87 so you can compare.
Thanks in advance for your research !

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 05:33:22 pm »

Something funky going on with ListMix() when using expressions and template placeholder contains characters like ","

ListMix(RemoveLeft([L1],4), 2, 1234This works;1234However, this doesn't)
ListMix(RemoveLeft([L1],4), 2, 1234This works;1234This/, doesn't either)

RemoveLeft(1234However/,this works,4)

wer

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 10:45:17 pm »

Thanks Matt for this update.

My test results so far:

I tested the DSP Studio Load/Save issue and that is still not working correctly. Same issue as previously reported.

Regex-2 is not producing the intended results; I've posted about that in the Expressions thread.

GroupCountQuery now seems to work correctly in Theater View. I'll do more testing of this.

GroupSummaryQuery does not work correctly sometimes IF the field name has spaces in it.  GroupSummaryQuery(Album Artist,Duration) can be used, but GroupSummaryQuery(Artist - Composition,Duration) can not. [Artist - Composition] is a custom field. Another example, custom field [Artist-Album] can be used, but the identical field [Artist - Album] can not.

My personal favorite because it is so strange:
GroupSummaryQuery breaks (returns null) if the VALUE of the grouping field contains a letter with an umlaut (e.g. Tannhäuser).  So, GroupSummaryQuery(Composition, Duration) works correctly if [Composition]=Tannhauser but breaks if [Composition]=Tannhäuser    A double quote character " has the same effect.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 07:17:23 am »

GroupSummaryQuery does not work correctly sometimes IF the field name has spaces in it.  GroupSummaryQuery(Album Artist,Duration) can be used, but GroupSummaryQuery(Artist - Composition,Duration) can not. [Artist - Composition] is a custom field. Another example, custom field [Artist-Album] can be used, but the identical field [Artist - Album] can not.

The function currently delimits the fields in the first parameter with a dash to mean more fields.  I'll switch the next build to a semi-colon.

This history:
Changed: GroupSummaryQuery delimits a list of fields with semi-colons instead of dashes.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 07:47:08 am »

My personal favorite because it is so strange:
GroupSummaryQuery breaks (returns null) if the VALUE of the grouping field contains a letter with an umlaut (e.g. Tannhäuser).  So, GroupSummaryQuery(Composition, Duration) works correctly if [Composition]=Tannhauser but breaks if [Composition]=Tannhäuser    A double quote character " has the same effect.

That was a tricky one.  When we search, we remove the accents.  Our search box does it automatically so even if you enter accents, they're gone when the search arrives.

But of course accent stripping wasn't part of the GroupSummaryQuery(...).

I'm going to try making our search engine look at both the accent version and the no accent version, instead of only the no accent version.  It won't change the speed because it only triggers the updated code if it finds an accent.

jgleim

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 08:31:44 am »

Thanks for adding MovieDB to replace TVDB.  Genre is working for movies but not TV shows.  Could you also add "GET /genre/tv/list" to the API call for TV shows?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 10:52:49 am »

Thanks for adding MovieDB to replace TVDB.  Genre is working for movies but not TV shows.  Could you also add "GET /genre/tv/list" to the API call for TV shows?

I don't think you want all possible genres in every TV show, that would defeat the point :-)
Instead, I've added the genres from the proper call to the TV show import earlier today already.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jgleim

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 01:33:04 pm »

I don't think you want all possible genres in every TV show, that would defeat the point :-)
Instead, I've added the genres from the proper call to the TV show import earlier today already.

You're right.   :)
Thanks!

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 01:48:03 pm »

Changed: Media Center now uses TheMovieDB for TV Show metadata lookup, series/season posters and Theater View background art.

The only issue is that Genre is no longer automatically populated.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 02:01:46 pm »

Minor issue:

Before this release, whenever I assigned two genres to a track (separated by a ";"), MC used to automatically insert a space between the ";" and the second genre so it looked like this:

Genre= Country; Bluegrass

With this release, when I assign a second genre, there is no space inserted between the ";" and the second genre, nor is it possible to manually insert a space. So now it looks like this:

Genre= Country;Bluegrass (missing space, doesn't look as good  ;D).

Interestingly, if I look at tracks that were tagged prior to this release, the space is still present. But if I edit the second genre of these older tracks, the space is not inserted.

Michel.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 02:05:11 pm »

I made all the formatting everywhere not use spaces after a delimiter.  We talked about it in another thread and that was the popular opinion.

I'm having to adjust too!

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2020, 02:14:42 pm »

Hi Matt,

That's fine.  As I said, it's really minor so I can live with it. :)

One question: What about the thousands of older tracks that I have with multiple genres that still have a space?  is there a possible impact because some tracks have a space and some don't?  I'm thinking about Smartlists that call for genres.

Thanks.

Michel.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2020, 02:16:57 pm »

Hi Matt,

That's fine.  As I said, it's really minor so I can live with it. :)

One question: What about the thousands of older tracks that I have with multiple genres that still have a space?  is there a possible impact because some tracks have a space and some don't?  I'm thinking about Smartlists that call for genres.

Thanks.

Michel.

I don't think so.  When we parse we almost always accept the spaces.  Like I said, I'm adjusting to the change as well :)

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2020, 02:58:53 pm »

Greatday to all, Yaobing, latest fw .87 did broke Sat>iP support.
Rolled back to .80 and again working.
The server is discovered (DLNA) by MC but not tuners are selectable.
Tried a second time, just to have the logfiles.
Yaobing I've mailed you both logfiles, to big to attach here and these have respective .80 and .87 so you can compare.
Thanks in advance for your research !
Solved !
Thanks Yaobing for the new file, replaced the .exe within the program folder and Sat>iP is back working.
Another thanks sir.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2020, 03:04:28 pm »

I don't think so.  When we parse we almost always accept the spaces.  Like I said, I'm adjusting to the change as well :)

Hi again Matt.

Just noticed that in the Genre field in the "Tag" window on the left side,  a space is still inserted between the ";" and the second genre. But the resulting entry in the Genre field has no space. So it seems to be just cosmetic...

Michel.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2020, 03:18:50 pm »

Hi again Matt.

Just noticed that in the Genre field in the "Tag" window on the left side,  a space is still inserted between the ";" and the second genre. But the resulting entry in the Genre field has no space. So it seems to be just cosmetic...

Michel.

Thanks!

Next build:
Fixed: Editing list fields in the tag window would delimit the list with "; " instead of just ";".

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2020, 03:22:43 pm »

Thanks!

Next build:
Fixed: Editing list fields in the tag window would delimit the list with "; " instead of just ";".

As you said, I'm going to have to get used to it too... After more than 20 years of using Media Center (and Media Jukebox in the beginning) on a daily basis, it may take me a while...  ::)

Michel.

wer

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2020, 04:40:15 pm »

That was a tricky one.  When we search, we remove the accents.  Our search box does it automatically so even if you enter accents, they're gone when the search arrives.

But of course accent stripping wasn't part of the GroupSummaryQuery(...).

I'm going to try making our search engine look at both the accent version and the no accent version, instead of only the no accent version.  It won't change the speed because it only triggers the updated code if it finds an accent.

Thanks Matt, makes sense.

Did you see my post in the Expressions thread about Regex-2?  That needs some adjustment as well.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2020, 08:55:56 pm »

Thanks!

Next build:

What about those of us who have custom expression fields that have the space after the ";" and want to maintain that? That is, how do I get the space back in there for new things I tag via Move/Copy Fields? No space not only looks ugly, but also, for those of us who are English teachers, is not mechanically correct!

Here's one of the expressions in the custom field I'm talking about, a field which lists different artists on classical recordings in defined orders:

Code: [Select]
=If(!IsEqual([Genre], Tagging, 1), [Album Artist (auto)], If(IsEmpty(ListBuild(1, ; , [Soloists], [Vocalist], [Conductor], [Orchestra], [Ensemble]), 0), [Album Artist (auto)], ListBuild(1, ; ,[Soloists],[Vocalist],[Ensemble],[Conductor],[Orchestra])))
I don't care what happens on the backend with expression language, but I don't want to see the kind of non-uniform thing on the attached image. So how can I change the expression/do a mass update of files so they look uniform (and ideally with the space: looks awful without)?

wer

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2020, 09:08:00 pm »

Tim, this expression will normalize a pre-existing list, [field], that contains a space after the semicolon:

Code: [Select]
ListCombine([field],,;,;)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2020, 09:13:14 pm »

Wer, thanks for that. However, what about an expression that normalizes having the space, as it used to be? I know I can get used to not having it, but I don't want to! Plus, as I said, I'm an English teacher, and it's wrong in terms of mechanical rules (it also makes it hard to read if there is a long list).

wer

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2020, 09:18:50 pm »

The new delimiter is a semicolon only, not a semicolon with a space, so the functions will not write a list the way you want going forward.  You will have to adjust. TVs are widescreen now too, instead of squarish.  Sorry.  Also, as an English teacher, you should recognize a semicolon delimited list, with or without a space, is not gramatically correct. This is data, not an English Language sentence. Deal with it.  The change that you think makes it harder to read actually makes it much easier to parse programmatically.

You can however DISPLAY things however you want by parsing a list using the ListItem() function and manipulating the contents for display, instead of just displaying the raw list.  This is a thread about bugs, so if you want help with that, please start a new thread elsewhere asking for help on how to use ListItem. You might perhaps first read about it here.

DJLegba

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2020, 09:43:47 pm »

26.0.87 (65-bit) is definitely knocking my Naim Muso Qb off the network every few seconds. I thought the Naim's WiFi system was dying, so I switched it to wired, but that didn't help. Even when not using MC to play to the Naim (via DLNA), just having MC running was killing the Naim. After much troubleshooting I finally figured out that the Naim runs fine when MC is completely shut down. Reverting to 26.0.80 resolved the problem.

Edit: 64-bit, of course

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2020, 10:04:26 pm »

Tim, this expression will normalize a pre-existing list, [field], that contains a space after the semicolon:

Just editing the field and entering =[field] will remove the spaces as well, as MC saves the field again using the new standard.

i.e. The [Artist] field is a List Type field, and often has multiple semi-colon delimited Artist. An example might be;

The Chemical Brothers; Chicken Lips; Bentley Rhythm Ace

Selecting the tracks you want to fix, editing the [Artist] field, and then entering;

=[Artist]

Will save the field as;

The Chemical Brothers;Chicken Lips;Bentley Rhythm Ace

Easier than using the ListCombine function.  ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2020, 04:10:55 am »

26.0.87 (65-bit) is definitely knocking my Naim Muso Qb off the network every few seconds. I thought the Naim's WiFi system was dying, so I switched it to wired, but that didn't help. Even when not using MC to play to the Naim (via DLNA), just having MC running was killing the Naim. After much troubleshooting I finally figured out that the Naim runs fine when MC is completely shut down. Reverting to 26.0.80 resolved the problem.

Edit: 64-bit, of course

Yaobing, could this be caused by the same 'issue' which killed the Sat>iP functionality over DLNA ?
As after replacing the .exe with a updated one from Yaobing .87 was again working for me.

PS i'm running as x64.

streamerguy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 07:10:34 am »

I have the same issue as DJLegba.

After upgrading to 26.0.87, the network port of my Marantz NA11S1 goes up and down. Replacing cables, switches etc. didn't solve it, so in the end I downgraded MC to 26.0.80 which fixed the problem.

Best,

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2020, 01:26:10 pm »

Yaobing, could this be caused by the same 'issue' which killed the Sat>iP functionality over DLNA ?
As after replacing the .exe with a updated one from Yaobing .87 was again working for me.

PS i'm running as x64.

No it can't be the same issue.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DJLegba

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2020, 09:56:13 pm »

Killing things on the network is a huge bug. Can you at least acknowledge that you know about it and you're working on a fix?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2020, 12:15:08 am »

Unless there is an IP Address clash. i.e. Two devices with the same IP Address on a LAN will do that.

But updating MC shouldn't change the IP Address of the PC running MC, let alone set it to an IP Address that the Niam is using. I would check the IP Address each is using though, particularly if Static IP Addresses are being used.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DJLegba

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2020, 08:45:39 am »

Unless there is an IP Address clash. i.e. Two devices with the same IP Address on a LAN will do that.

But updating MC shouldn't change the IP Address of the PC running MC, let alone set it to an IP Address that the Niam is using. I would check the IP Address each is using though, particularly if Static IP Addresses are being used.

DHCP. The Naim has a reservation in the DHCP manager. There are no IP  address conflicts - that was the first thing I checked.

DJLegba

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2020, 08:50:57 am »

It's hard to imagine how MC (or any program)  could kill something on the network.

I'm not imagining it, and I doubt the others who said they've observed the same behaviour are imaging it.

I was surprised too. That's why I spent so much time trying to work with the Naim. I thought it was failing. This is 100% repeatable - run MC 26.0.87 and the Naim continually drops off the network, rejoins, drops off, etc until MC is shut down. Doesn't happen with 26.0.80.

Roksan2y

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2020, 08:51:56 am »

I have the same issue as DJLegba.

After upgrading to 26.0.87, the network port of my Marantz NA11S1 goes up and down. Replacing cables, switches etc. didn't solve it, so in the end I downgraded MC to 26.0.80 which fixed the problem.

Best,

I have the same issue as streamerguy & DJLegba. After upgrading to 26.0.87. With JRiver just connected to the network (not playing anything) My Marantz NA11S1 takes a dive every 20 seconds and restarts. I rolled back to JRiver 26.0.80 and this solved the problem

wer

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2020, 12:28:07 pm »

Run Wireshark (or the equivalent) and sniff the traffic that's going in and out of the PC running MC.

larryrup

• World Citizen
DSP Studio and Playlists
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2020, 12:45:49 am »

Using v26.0.87  (Windows x64) and restored a saved Library.

1) DSP Studio/Equalizer...When loading saved settings, the Equalizer/slide settings do not change, but the saved settings appear to be executing as there is a clear change to the sound.  The slide controls visually remain in the position they were in before loading a different setting and the numeric db settings also remain visually unchanged.

2) Tracks with a sample rate of 352.8 crash Media Center.  I tested this with the Output Format set at 352,800 = unchanged, and set to 352,800 = 192,000. MC crashes with either setting.  Tested multiple tracks from multiple albums at this sample rate, all with the same result.  Tracks play fine on VLC and Audirvana.  Converting to 192,000, tracks play fine.  Almost all of the tracks I have at 352.8 are FLAC.  I have 2 albums at DSD64.  One plays, the other doesn't.  I have one album at DSD128, plays fine.

Regards,

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

jherbert

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2020, 08:13:20 am »

You recently changed the way the delimiter is diosplayed in the artist field when having a list of artists in table view.

It used to be (e.g.) "Shirley Scott; Stanley Turrentine", it is "Shirley Scott;Stanley Turrentine" (no space after semicolon) now.

This makes the content of the artist field and the list of artists in the playing now area on top of the screen much harder to read. Can you please change this back to the way it used to be?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2020, 10:53:38 am »

You recently changed the way the delimiter is diosplayed in the artist field when having a list of artists in table view.

It used to be (e.g.) "Shirley Scott; Stanley Turrentine", it is "Shirley Scott;Stanley Turrentine" (no space after semicolon) now.

This makes the content of the artist field and the list of artists in the playing now area on top of the screen much harder to read. Can you please change this back to the way it used to be?
Or you can choose by yourself how it is displayed:
Right click over there and select "Customize Display"
On Title Textbox just change [Artist] to Replace([Artist],;,;/ )

Done!

jherbert

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2020, 07:27:11 am »

On Title Textbox just change [Artist] to Replace([Artist],;,;/ )

Thank you, very helpful. Just tried this in Album View with a custom field Artist (List). Works nicely for diplay, but does not allow for editing. Would love to see an option that switches space / no space for display for any given field.

The way the system works now, I would have to change every view and would still be limited in funtionality. But still, thank you. The title checkbox looks fine now!

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2020, 10:53:15 am »

My pioneer N50A is doing the regular restart business when connected to the network with MC26.0.87 running, but MC plays to it without problem by usb connection when it is disconnected from the network. My Cambridge Audio CXNV2 is unaffected and works prefectly well regardless of 26.0.87 being on the network. So it would appear that this problem is specific to particular streamers. As JimH said, it doesn't seem likely that MC could do this but it is doing just that.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2020, 11:06:24 am »

My pioneer N50A is doing the regular restart business when connected to the network with MC26.0.87 running, but MC plays to it without problem by usb connection when it is disconnected from the network. My Cambridge Audio CXNV2 is unaffected and works prefectly well regardless of 26.0.87 being on the network. So it would appear that this problem is specific to particular streamers. As JimH said, it doesn't seem likely that MC could do this but it is doing just that.
There's a fix coming for that.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2020, 11:09:59 am »

Thanks Jim.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up