INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playlist location of mobile phone  (Read 664 times)

stumpz1971

• Recent member
playlist location of mobile phone
« on: May 17, 2020, 01:14:44 pm »

ive just had to re install my pc ,and just tried to sync the library with my phone,however ive noticed all the playlists are on the root directory of the sd card,and id prefer to have them in a folder with the music, which i'm sure i had before, but totally forgotten how i did that, thanks in advance

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: playlist location of mobile phone
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 09:16:13 pm »

You need to set the Playlist path in the Handheld Sync options, "Files, Path, and More".
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Handheld_Sync_Options#Files.2C_Paths.2C_.26_More

The path setting is relative to the root directory that you are sending files to. Check it goes into the correct place with one Playlist before doing all your Playlists. Plus check the other settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stumpz1971

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 04:23:37 am »

yeah ive read that and makes no sense to me,as i cant find anywhere where i can alter the playlist paths , i dont suppose you would have a screenshot of where it would be, i would be very grateful, thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 07:11:13 pm »

What exact version of MC are you running? If on MC26, update to MC26.0.80 if not already on it. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125312.0.html

The attached image shows where the Playlist Path setting is in Handheld Options, for my Android phone. Some settings don't show when syncing to a hard drive, or to a mounted SD card, compared to syncing to an Android phone on earlier versions of MC. Everything you need should show up with the latest version. Make sure you select the correct format of Playlist file. Relative Paths are best, I find.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stumpz1971

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 08:39:18 pm »

thank you so much for that,and the sd card is a new one and at the moment in a caddy connected straight into the pc,thats proberly why the menu is different. yet again proves the usefulness of having forums for help, you have saved me a lot of time .

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 09:09:47 pm »

In the current version of MC, I believe that setting should appear for a hard drive location, or an SD card in a card reader, that appears in Windows as just another drive.

Hence the question about the version you are running.

stumpz1971

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 09:14:17 pm »

irta not the current version, but will update ASAP thanks again.

stumpz1971

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 02:43:22 pm »

thanks for the help and advise, but of course the trouble hasnt finished yet, ive managed to get the playlists into the correct folder, however when i open a playlist the file is empty ,so of course no playlist will be played, and secondly when i do copy files over ,can i specify that audiobooks go into another folder and not the musc folder? and if so how ca nthis be done,thanks again inadvance.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 05:41:48 pm »

Are you checking the Playlist files with a text editor, or with MC? Because if you check them using MC, by opening them, MC will show them empty if it can't find the files.

The Playlists work fine for me. Use M3U with relative paths, as I find that works best. Using relative paths should ensure the files are found on the SD card in its caddy connected to the PC, or in your phone.

What phone do you have by the way?
Are you running MC26 now, and a recent version?

When syncing to a hard drive location MC shows a path settings for "Audible", which I haven't used but I assume applies to audiobooks. They will need the correct metadata to be recognised and transferred to the correct location, of course. A search of the forum for "Audio Books" or "Audible" will probably find information. Probably just need to set the [Media Sub Type] to "Audiobook", and add them to a Playlist to transfer of course.

stumpz1971

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 05:46:51 pm »

i'm checking both ways ,in a folder it says 0 bytes for size of file,and no information in it, i'm using a samsung s9 edge,and as far as i am aware its the latest version i am running, as for the audiobooks ,i think its just a little bit of expermenting, thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 09:44:35 pm »

Check that you are running at least MC26.0.80 in the "Help > About Media Center" menu item. If not, update to the latest Public release, which is MC26.0.87. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125608.0.html

I'm not sure why you are getting empty Playlist files. When I sync to a hard drive location using Handheld Sync, using Playlists to select what I sync, the playlists are created correctly.

Be sure to try M3U relatives paths as the Playlist format.
Pages: [1]   Go Up