INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using [Date Created]  (Read 1588 times)

drmengler

• nothing more to say...
Using [Date Created]
« on: April 21, 2003, 06:50:49 am »

Hi there,

I'd like to be able to create smartlists which will help me keep track of what I've imported from my collection, and when. I regularly DJ using mp3's I have created from my ever-expanding vinyl collection. I usually listen to tunes on my Windows iPod, but regularly 'lose' tunes I've recently bought - they may be obscure 12" with names I'm not likely to remember, etc, so I don't 'see' them as I browse on the iPod.

I'd like to be able to create a smartlist based on the [Date Created] of my mp3's: like,

This Week
This Month
1 Month Ago
2 Months Ago

Is this at all possible? It seems the only thing I can do at the moment with [Date Created] is match it exactly. What I need to do is stuff like this.

This Week Smartlist: [Today's Date] - [Date Created] <= 7 days

You wouldn't believe how much this would help me out!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Matthew

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using [Date Created]
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 11:34:00 am »

Under Playlists/Auto Smartlists, there are three Smartlists that handle recently imported files. You could alter these to fit your requirements (especially the Recently Imported - last 100 tracks list) or see what rules you should/could use to build your own smartlists.

Rob

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 09:33:18 pm »

Here's an example of a smartlist that should give all audio files created in the last week:

[media type]=[audio] [date created]=<=10080 ~sort=[Date created]-d

I just modified the "Recently imported--imported this week" smartlist to look at date created instead of date imported. You can modify this smartlist to give any time you want--just change the number after "date created" to the number of seconds from today that you want to look. Example:

10080 / 24 / 60 = 7 days, or 1 week
43200 / 24 / 60 = 30 days, or 1 month

In addition, you should be able to combine greater-than and less-than rules to get files created one month ago, two months ago, etc...

It would be something like:

[media type]=[audio] [date created]=>=10080 [date created]=<=20160 ~sort=[Date created]-d

This should give all songs imported one week ago. The first "date created rule" says the song has to be at least 1 week old; the second one says the song has to be younger than 2 weeks old. Ergo!

drmengler

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 02:59:11 am »

I've tried modifying the recently imported rules to use Date Created - in this example - within the last month - 43200 secs. As soon as I change 'Date Imported' to 'Date Created' - all the files in the search pane vanish.

However, I know for a fact that I have mp3s with Date Created from less than a month ago imported into Media Centre.

Media Type:audio [date imported]=<=43200

gives me loads of hits (it would do, I've only had Media Centre for a couple of weeks)

Media Type:audio[date created]=<=43200 gives me absolutely nothing.

However, a quick search in windows reveals about 200 mp3 files that have been created in the last month.

loraan, did you try your modified rules out? Maybe I've done something wrong. Could it be a bug?

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 08:56:25 am »

No, I didn't actually test those out. I just modified the existing one. Part of the problem seems to be that Date Created doesn't have a default search tag. I confirmed this by clicking Tools/Options, then clicking Tree & View Settings, then clicking the Date Created field, then the Edit button. On my install, Date Created didn't have a keyword by default. I tried adding a keyword, but it still didn't seem to work. I'll keep looking into this...

drmengler

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 10:28:51 am »

Cheers loraan, your efforts are much appreciated... I'll check back soon!

drmengler

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 07:56:33 am »

Any further news? Anyone else care to investigate Dave Created? Still had no luck myself.

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 08:45:20 am »

Sorry--also no luck, but it's difficult for me to test entirely because I'm away from home (and my music library). I've only got a few music files on my laptop.

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 10:10:57 am »

I can confirm the behaviour.

Two observations:

1. in my library date imported is shown as 'x days, y hours ago', date created as a date. Not sure if this is significant, but date imported is not strictly a date I guess in this form.

2. I think this was removed on purpose. From the 9.0.144 beta thread:

4. Changed: Some data types can no longer be used in tree view schemes. (date and time elapsed)

If I remember correctly this was in response to those who pointed out that using seconds was just too complicated for users, and too complicated for JRiver to change in time for v9. Not sure exactly which date fields are affected as I dont use this much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up