INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can JRiver do this?  (Read 577 times)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Can JRiver do this?
« on: May 22, 2020, 11:47:44 pm »

Hi all - I realize this may be a unique situation, but I'd like to copy (or sync to a handheld) only the album art from a smartlist of (audio) albums. 

As a workaround I have been syncing the audio tracks to a folder that is set up as a handheld and setting the sync options to save the album art to folder.jpg, then I search for all of the album art on the handheld device, import it, and rename it all according to the folder structure.  It works, but I thought I'd check to see if there was a better way.

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can JRiver do this?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 01:00:11 am »

Yes.

Do you store all Cover Art inside the audio files?
So not beside the audio files, or in the "\Cover Art\Albums" directory, as defined in the "Options > File Location > Cover Art > Folder" setting?
So your "\Cover Art\Albums" directory is empty?

If so, use the method below.

Set your Cover Art settings in Options to the same as those in the attached image.
Note the "Cover Art > Folder" setting.
Open the Smartlist.
Select all files.
Right-click on any file and select "Cover Art > Save Cover Art To External Location Specified In Options"
In Windows Explorer navigate to the Cover Art location, and then into the albums directory.
All the Cover Art from the Albums in the Smartlist will now be in there.

If you have files already in the "\Cover Art\Albums" directory you could still use this method, but you would have to sort by the files by the Date Modified to find all the image files just created, which would be the ones you are looking for.

You might want to change your Cover Art settings back to what they were before after doing this. Or decide if you want to leave the settings that way. The Cover Art Wiki explains it all.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can JRiver do this?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 03:17:11 pm »

Amazing - thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up