INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Loading Saved DSP Settings  (Read 555 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Problem Loading Saved DSP Settings
« on: June 08, 2020, 11:36:55 pm »

Repost for any comments or suggestions.

Using v26.0.87  (Windows x64) and restored a saved Library.

1) DSP Studio/Equalizer...When loading saved settings, the Equalizer/slide settings do not change, but the saved settings appear to be executing as there is a clear change to the sound.  The slide controls visually remain in the position they were in before loading a different setting and the numeric db settings also remain visually unchanged.

2) Tracks with a sample rate of 352.8 crash Media Center.  I tested this with the Output Format set at 352,800 = unchanged, and set to 352,800 = 192,000. MC crashes with either setting.  Tested multiple tracks from multiple albums at this sample rate, all with the same result.  Tracks play fine on VLC and Audirvana.  Converting to 192,000, tracks play fine.  Almost all of the tracks I have at 352.8 are FLAC.  I have 2 albums at DSD64.  One plays, the other doesn't.  I have one album at DSD128, plays fine.

Regards,

Larry
ReplyQuoteNotify
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Possible bugs?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 12:02:15 am »

The DSP Studio Load Button bug has been known for quite a while.  JRiver has not fixed it yet.  It has been mentioned in every new release thread, and is currently mentioned in the .90 thread.  You could add your voice there, if you'd like it fixed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem Loading Saved DSP Settings
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 07:55:23 am »

Thanks for the report.

I found two issues I'm working on fixing:
Fixed: Loading DSP presets would have the current equalizer settings overwrite the new preset settings.
Fixed: The on / off state of plugins would not refresh right away when loading a DSP preset.

If there's anything else acting up, please let us know.

Thank again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 11:07:56 pm »

Matt:  Thanks so much.

Has anyone recreated the sample rate issue I am having?  For me it is 100% consistent.  MC does not like tracks at 352.8, and refuses to stay running in Win 10 if I try to play one.  Possible I have a errant setting, but I can't find it.

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 01:26:28 pm »

Has anyone recreated the sample rate issue I am having?  For me it is 100% consistent.  MC does not like tracks at 352.8, and refuses to stay running in Win 10 if I try to play one. 
Nope.  I can play 352.8 in stereo or in multichannel.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 11:20:38 am »

Any ideas what’s going wrong in my environment?  Here’s what I’ve checked/verified.  Have many tracks at this bit rate.  They all react the same.  They crash MC, yet play in VLC. 

Output format change in MC to lower the bit rate does not help.  Amp/DAC clearly documents it’s support.  Their support People suggest trying another player, which I did with success. 

I think it’s clear MC supports this bit rate, but a setting somewhere that does not seem to affect other players does crash MC.  In my troubleshooting efforts, I have found buried in Win 10 properties, a bit rate setting for the DAC driver that defaults to 44.1, but allows up to this bit rate.  I changed it, which did clean up noise on 192K files, but not these.

I know there is a work around of converting these files down to 192K, or 44.1 (which one could argue should be done on principle), but it would be nice to know what’s causing this, and If its the player (I know that is a “if”), hardening it to avoid a crash.

Hope someone knows, but I’ll go the workaround route if not.

Thanks

Larry
Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up